What's the big deal about Progressive Scan?

Anonymous

I have read about all the theories behind PS. In fact, I successfully explained to my wife who is, shall I say, technology challenged. I have a older Panasonic DVD player which has Component Video Outputs but no PS. I also have a Hitachi 57S700 HDTV. I recently upgraded the DVD player to a Sony PS with the PS button in the front penal that I can turn on and off. I see absolutely no difference between my Panasonic non-PS and the Sony PS on/off. Yes, my TV does up-convert any non-HD contents to 540P. Is the up-convert that good that it makes the DVD PS unnecessary?

Bronze Member
Username: Sbull

Post Number: 16
Progressive scan is a "day and night" difference from standard interlaced, especially on a big TV. There's no way you'd miss it. Your TV is probably doing as you suggested with the upconversion. If you feel cheated, look at a big screen that doesn't upconvert the standard interlaced. The difference in clarity and edge definition (especially on moving objects) will be noticably poorer.

Username: Mike1s

Post Number: 1
I have just bought an AKURA AVD 145S and i need the unlock code to make it multi-region

Please can you help me

sf
Unregistered guest
to unlock code on Akura 145 s, look on the DVD reviewer site, I did mine

Unregistered guest
The 145 s region creack works for the 146 s too.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us