Loss of av signal

Username: Am673

Post Number: 1
i am trying to copy my home videos ( VHS Tapes )on to to my Dv camcorder. When i get to certain scenes, the quality of picture on my VHS tapes goes blurry, but keeps playing. The copied version on the DV camera drops out saying no signal and the screen goes blue. Is ther a way to overcome the picture dropouts.

Bronze Member
Username: Dmwiley

Post Number: 49
If your "home videos" have started to fade, you probably can't salvage all of them-can't create an image where none exits. A video stabilizer might help you get the most out of what you have left.

Silver Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 643
You would need a video processer, not a stabilizer. Stabilizers are only for tapes with macrovision. A video processer is fairly expensive and may or may not work, if the tapes are toast then there's nothing you can do.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 51
Stabilizers are not "only for tapes with macrovision" although compensating for that anticopying scheme may be their primary function. Some of them also assist when there are minor tracking problems that cause tape roll or other playback anomalies.

Silver Member

Post Number: 644
I've been using a stabilizer for over 12 years, it won't help a trashed tape.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 54
Correct. Read my last response and maybe the next time you will avoid going off half-cocked. Do you see anywhere in my response a reference to a "trashed tape"? I've been using a stabilzer for 15 years, and they are not limited to removing macrovision.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 55
One more comment and I will leave this topic to you Mr. Massey. Don't take my word for it. Go, for example, to Simacorp.com and review the description and specifications for some of there products.

Username: 5313music

Loydminster, Sask. Canada

Post Number: 1
I have lots of video to transfer to dvd. Since I don't have S-video output on my vcr, do I need something in between vcr & dvd recorder for better quality picture.

Silver Member

Post Number: 645
You can use a video processer for a better picture, but they aren't cheap.

Silver Member

Post Number: 646
Dale, read the original post. A stabilizer will not help a tape going blurry, period. I've been working on VCRs for over 15 years, nice try.

Username: 5313music

Loydminster, Sask. Canada

Post Number: 2
Will an rca to S-video adapter to dvd recorder work, or will I still have to maybe get another vcr with S-video for better video.

Unregistered guest
i am trying to copy vhs to my comp tru an external pc/tv device i get a picture but when i go to copy all i get is a black screen no sound no pic is there anything i need?????? please help
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us