Is DISH Guide availble through sat? no phoneline.

Username: Fruitbasket

Post Number: 1
Hello all,
i'm going to VOip telephone service, so I won't be able to plug my dishnetwork into the phone line, until I rewire the phone lines... Is there a SAT that I can point to the get the channel guides?

Thanks!
Fruitbasket.

LK
Unregistered guest
Phone line is not relevant...not needed...U can point to any sat U want and get TV.."channel guides",what do U mean?...like EPG (extended programming guide) like cable has showing what playing later tonite on other channels?...the coolsat 4000 FTA receiver now has that feature working and receiving Dishnetwork and Bev channels on satellites 91-110-119...think U need to go to www.efta.us to learn what is FTA (free to air)...

Username: Fruitbasket

Post Number: 2
thanks for the reply. when i flip through channels, i don't see the info about the program currently being viewed. i heard something similar to what you said, i currently point to 110-119 with a dishpro500. i have a couple of single lnb directv dishes from a old install, if I could use one those to point to 91, would i get the info? or is it just configuring my fortec?

thanks again.

thanks

LK
Unregistered guest
There is NO "extended programming guide-EPG" with Dishnet/echostar receivers hacking or FTA receivers,unless U use the new FTA coolsat 4000 receiver...fortec EPG does NOT work...only the COOLSAT has a working EPG!...its not the satellites that get the EPG,its the receiver!...satellites send signals,receivers receive and display them in various ways and features (coolsat has the working EPG feature)..I can't make it any simpler than that!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us