Cambridge Audio DVD57RWi Help Required

Unregistered guest
Does anyone have this new Cambridge Audio DVDR? This machine is causing me constant problems. It doesn't seem to be able to cope with more than three menu pictures per disc. If I do more than that all the timings go wrong and the disc messes up. A 4 minute song will only play for a minute or sometimes not even that. It's like the track has been hidden. This is the second machine and both have had the same problems.

Username: Thomasdenmark

Post Number: 1
Hi Mike.
I have a dvd57rwi also. But I don't have the same problem as you. Mine Is very noisy in stanby mode. But anyway I hope you post your message on the Cambridge Audio homepage in FORUM !. Then they come to know about the various
problems of their products - and maybe someone in forum can help you.
Othervise I'm happy with my player.
Best Regards.
Thomas/Denmark

Darren Sienkiewicz
Unregistered guest
My 57 replaced a 55 that was desperatley unreliable, it records and plays fine, but it whistles in standby. I have to keep switching it on.

Darren, Rochdale England

Unregistered guest
My was also very noisy in stand by mode and at got it replaced although it took some time!

Have anyone used the timer recording of tv-programs and experienced the same problems as I if you not finalise the disc? Watching before finalising leaves your disk blank if you not finish the procedure correctly. If you use direct recording the problem does not occur.

The manual is not quite clear regarding this and the assistance from the shop where I bought it is not really the best ... ;.(

Ross, Peterborough
Unregistered guest
I have exactly the same problem with the machine being very noisy in standby mode. I sent it back to the shop after a few weeks as it was driving me mad, but the replacement unit is exactly the same. Does anyone know if this is a "feature" of the machine or do they just have a particularly high defect rate?

Andy, Dorset
Unregistered guest
I also have the same problems with mine. I previously had a 55rwi which had faults, so I upgraded!! to a 57rwi. It generates quite a loud nee naw sound in stanby which means I dont use standby. Unfortunately it now seems to have locked itself in standby mode and I cant get it to wake up. It is very fussy about scratched disks on playback, and 50% of recordings fail completely. I didn't notice if these were timer recordings or not. Its going back.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us