Changing tv channels with vcr

Unregistered guest
the cable guy said that since im not getting all of my channels anymore i should connect through a vcr to get them, and ive used a universal remote and programmed it to teh tv and vcr but when i place the tv on channel 4 and turn on the vcr its all fuzz and changing channels doesnt work. using tv/vcr makes no difference. what do i do!?!?

Silver Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 639
Try channel 3 on the TV first. You might need to program the channels on the VCR. Go into the setup menu and set it on cable, then autoprogram the channels.

Unregistered guest
i tried 3.

and my vcr has no menu button, and neither does the remote..

Silver Member

Post Number: 640
How old is the VCR? It must be old if it's not on screen.

Unregistered guest
its old.. what do i do?

Silver Member

Post Number: 648
What brand is it and how old is it?

Username: Zedsimon

Post Number: 1
Let's backtrack a little and make sure the VCR's connected properly. The cable from the wall should be going into the antenna/RF input on the VCR. The VCR's output should be going into the TV. Assuming you're hooked up right, and you've determined for sure what channel the TV needs to be on, look for a button on the VCR (the remote may not have this button) that says TV/VCR. It should be set to VCR, and you'll see an indicator on the display when VCR is selected. If there's no luck with that, the next thing to do is look for some sort of AIR/CABLE switch. If you have one, make sure it's set to CABLE.

That should narrow things down a little.

Anonymous

get a new vcr dork they are like 20 bucks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us