Somebody PLEASE answer my ? - DMR E85HS

Username: Gil

New York, NY USA

Post Number: 10
How do you mark-off Chapters with thumbnails on the DVD-R disc? I have no problem marking the Chapters on the HDD and when I go to the sub-menu on the HDD it shows the thumbnails. But, after transferring from the HDD to the DVD-R disc the thumbnails disappear.

xvxvxvx
Unregistered guest
Gil,

You certainly are persistent. The E-85 will not trasfer your original chapter marks during a high speed dub however it does insert chapter marks at 5 minute intervals using that method. You can do a real time dub and your chapter marks will stay as on the original from your HDD but remember a three hour recording will take three hours to dub using that method.

Now I saw that you want to transfer thumbnails. I already told you once in a prior post that will not happen, ever, never, not at all! Got it? I suggested your divide the title into seperate titles if you must have seperate thumbnails for chapters that used to be a single title. Again this has a downside in that when you replay your titles there will be a noticeable pause between the titles dubbed to your DVD-r.

xvxvxvx

Bronze Member

New York, NY USA

Post Number: 11
Thanks for the response.
Sorry for being so persistent. Commercial DVDs have thumbnails for chapters so I thought that it was possible that the Pana. recorder would be able to emulate this. However, I still do not understand what Titles are?

Username: Morganb

Paso Robles, California United States

Post Number: 1
r u my frend?

Bronze Member

New York, NY USA

Post Number: 12
What?

xvxvxvx
Unregistered guest
Titles are a single recording whether it is on your HDD or a recorded DVD-r. It may be 8 seconds long or up to 8 hours long. Each seperate recorded item is a title. You are allowed one thumbnail per recorded title on a DVD-r. A chapter mark allows you to ship ahead to preset intervals within a title. Chapter marks cannot be thumbnailed to a DVD-r but each title can have it's own thumbnail.

Is it clear now Gil? You really should take the time to read the manual, all the questions you have posted are answered within it.

xvxvxvx
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us