Connecting a VCR through a DVD recorder

Username: Brucie

Post Number: 1
I have connected my JVC VCR to a Yamada 8100 DVD recorder via a scart to scart connection which is working fine and I am able to record my VHS tapes onto DVD.
However, I want to be able to dub audio over the video footage which i can't do using scart, so I attempted to connect the VCR to the DVD recorder via a scart to composite connection using the composite yellow, white and red sockets on the 8100 unit.

My plan was to take the video output (yellow) from the VCR and the audio output from a stereo system (White and Red).

The audio is coming through from the stereo but the video is not coming through from the VCR.

I have the correct scart channel selected on the VCR and the AV-Front1 channel selected on the DVD recorder.

I can't understand why it won't work. I would be very grateful if someone could enlighten me.

Username: Repair

New York, New York

Post Number: 1
How do I connect the audio video cables svideo rf cables on the back of the DVD recorder Vcr
I can't record. I can play a tape and Dvd , It is a JVC DVD RECORDER & VCR THEY did not come with with the cables I would have to buy them.
My problem is connecting them to make it record
and dubbing.

Username: Brucie

Post Number: 2
I solved my problem above. I was using a cable with 3 rca jacks (Yellow, White, Red) on each side with 2 scart adapters that converted between composite and scart. My problem was that the 2 scart adapters were input. I purchased an adapter that had a switch to change between input and output. So I connected the output scart adapter to the scart output of the VCR and the scart input adapter into the scart input of the DVD recorder with the RCA cable connected to both adapters. I have a standard scart cable connecting the scart out of the DVD recorder to the scart input of the TV. I can now replace the audio input into the DVD recorder with the audio from a CD stereo system by substituting the white and red audio inputs into the scart input adapter attached to the DVD recorder.

tony mahoney
Unregistered guest
How do i connect my vhs to dvd recorder, therfore i cant record my old vhs film recorded from tv. Can someone tell how to connect the two so i can start recording from vhs on dvd
thanks.........I have given up after hours and hours trying to work it out

tony mahoney
Unregistered guest
How do i connect my vhs to dvd recorder, therfore i cant record my old vhs film recorded from tv. Can someone tell how to connect the two so i can start recording from vhs on dvd
thanks.........I have given up after hours and hours trying to work it out

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 1057
Use RCA cables from the VCR out to one of the inputs on the DVD recorder, then set the recorder on whatever input you used. Look for an input button on the remote, or go through the channels till you get to the right input.

Unregistered guest
i have an older vcr with only scart lead
how do i copy to dvd?

Unregistered guest
i have an old VCR with 1 scart connection, i have the panasonic dmreh50 dvd recorder and want to record from the VCR. I am unsure which is the best connection lead to buy?? (which will give the best picture quality and WORK!) i have these options-
1) IXOS Scart to S-Video
2) IXOS S-Video & 2 RCA to Ingot Scart Lead, 0r
3) IXOS Scart to 3 Phonos

I will be connecting to the AV3 input in the front of dvd recorder. I am very confused, what are u all using??

Gold Member
Username: Dmwiley

Post Number: 1027
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/8217.html
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us