What is the best LCD TV for someone without cable or a dish?

Username: Anna_24

Post Number: 1
Hello,
All my televisions that I have now are the basic tube TV's. The TV I have in my living room had an excellent clear and colorful picture but this TV is very old and it is now starting to have some problems, so I am now beginning to look for a new TV. I want to put the new TV in the living room which is really small, so I was looking into getting a LCD or plasma TV that is a 27". The only reason I was looking into this was because of a space issue. With a plasma or LCD, I can just put it on the wall. I am very behind the times when it comes to electronics. I have tried to do research on what is the best TV for me, but I am not getting a real clear answer since most answers revolve around digital cable and HDTV, which I do not have. I have no cable, no dish and I really have no desire to get any cable or a dish. My question is, is there a LCD or plasma out there that would give me a good picture and good sound with my regular TV programming and just an antenna? Does the more expensive brand necessarily mean that I will get a better picture with only using it for regular TV programing with just an antenna? Is there a cheaper LCD or plasma without all the extra costs for all the fancy things it does with cable? OR if I buy one of these Televisions without having digital cable will I get a worse quality of picture then my old tube TV? I have been leaning more towards the LCD because of price and I worry about burn-in on the plasma's. If anyone could help me it would be greatly appreciated and I thank you all very much for your time.
Anna

helpinout
Unregistered guest
Hi Anna,

If you live in a major metropolitan area you can probably pick up High Definition transmissions on your present antenna. In the Chicago area I can pick up ABC CBS NBC FOX WGN PBS and a few other "free" stations in HD. I would recommend you spend the $400 extra to get the TV with a Hi Def tuner built in if you can receive your local stations in Hi Def.

LCD vs Plasma. It's debatable. I have recently purchased a 42" Panasonic Plasma TV and I am very happy with it. Total weight of 80 lbs and it can be mounted on a wall. Cost $4,500.

If you stick with the conventional CRT TV, you can get Hi Def models with 30 to 35" screens for under $1,000. But then you are stuck with a TV that weighs close to 200 lbs that cannot be wall mounted.

If you have the financial where withal, I would go with a Hi Def Plasma.

Username: Alidada

Paris, Paris France

Post Number: 1
hi
i want to buy a LCD TV of about 21"-28" but i don't know wich one should i choos among all the marks in the market.considering quality/price, would you please give me some advise?!
thanks
Ali
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us