Tosihiba DVD Player & HDMI Questions

Username: Dariusx

Post Number: 3
After looking on the web I decided I am going to get Toshiba SD-4960 DVD player. It is universal and plays both SACD and DVD-A. Those signals are sent through a 5:1 analog out and are already decoded.
I read about HDMI. I am little confused about this (on the audio side). From what I read, most players convert (decode) SACD and DVD-A digital signals to analog due to piracy issues. From what I read HDMI bypasses this? Would you need a different DVD player that would output SACD and DVD-A as a digital signal? From what I read this will a full 192 kHz signal as opposed to 96 kHz? Then I read something that you need special speakers to hear this? Stop me if any of this is wrong! Needless to say, I am not getting involved in this but I am just curious.

As a footnote, I had no idea setting up a stereo would be this complicated. Initially, since I bought a subwoofer (and already had 5 speakers) I wanted to set up Dolby 5:1 and this little thing opened up a whole can of worms. I'd like to thank those who have answered my posts.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us