DVI or another solution?

Username: Pooger

Post Number: 2
I am thinking about getting a new DVD player.

My television is the Samsung 4674 and it only has 2 component inputs in the back. Currently I use those 2 for the HDTV cable box and for my xbox. Is it recommended that I use DVI for my new DVD player or is there another solution like a switchbox or something else like that?

Thanks.

FYI
Unregistered guest
I would use the DVI, but not the expensive Monster cable. A decent progressive scan, non-upconverting player with an optical audio out for your present or future surround sound receiver will work great. It may have an HDMI output, but they make an adapter cable, so, you won't be limited on your selection.

Username: Saveme

Post Number: 5
J S, i suggest that you use front a/v connection from t.v. or video to plug your xbox so you can use your component to plug your dvd wich will be a lot betther

ogbuehi
Unregistered guest
Just from my viewing experiences I suggest you keep your current setup and use the upconvert dvd player. Connect the dvd player using DVI (or hdmi) to your tv. The picture from an upconvert player blows away any progressive scan player. I'm not sure if your hdtv had dvi/hdmi inputs on it. I connect my XBOX to my tv using component cables and there's no way I could go back to an S-video connection.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us