Help Needed - volume quiet on some DVDs - How do I sort!!

Username: Joanne_c

Post Number: 1
Hello all. I have just got a newish DVD (given by a friend). It is a Pioneer DV-350. On most DVDs it plays fine but on some - mainly brand new shop bought DVDs you need to crank the volume right up just to get "normal" volume. I thought it was just our DVD but we have just bought my father-in-law a Pacific DVD1002MK2 for his birthday and he has exactly the same problem! Add to this that he is going deaf - it means that he can barely hear anything, even on full volume.

It there something in the settings that I can change to resolve this problem? Both DVDs are connected directly to the TVs by Scart leads.

All help appreciated.

Post Number: 2
Purleeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaassssssseeeeeeeeeeeeeee

:-)

Post Number: 3
Just me then

:-(

Silver Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 623
DVD audio is generally lower than most other sources, not much you can do except amplify it more.

Post Number: 4
Thanks for your reply. What is the point of that eh? DVD is supposed to be better than videos but at least you could hear videos! My father in law is not going to be happy. They got rid of their stereo because he is going deaf but won't get a hearing aid. We have no way of amplifying the TV. Woe is me ;)

Unregistered guest
Hi Joanne just thought I'd suggest that maybe he could use captions we do that even though we hear very well

Post Number: 5
Hi, thank you for your reply. That would be an idea but my father in law loves musicals! He has given up and returned the DVD to the shop.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us