Mitsubishi WD-52525 Receivers Free HDTV cable channels?

Username: Cyclone16

Atlanta, Georgia

Post Number: 1
Hello All, I got this tv back in November my First Big Screen I love it. Well I hooked my tv up to cable and let the tv scan all the channels analog and digital.Well,once it was finshed I noticed that it picked up sub channels like 108-10 ,108-30 and so on. To my amazment It was HDTV local channels nbc fox cbs.I then started flipping thought all the channels it locked into and found it picked up some PPV channels,but the PPV ones will work for a hour or so and the picture freezes and a different movie comes up its place. All of this is hooked into the ANT 2 input, Ant 1 Ive got an attic antenna hook up. Has anybody had this happen to them with this tv. If not I would give it a try.

Klaus
Unregistered guest
If you get a new regular cable box, all the channels come on at first then after a while are no longer available. My guess is that somewhere in the firmware, the bit that gets set for allowing each channels is getting reset each time and then while you watch it is going back to the not set configuration. Sounds like more cable card/tv growing pain issues. For the HD signals, I suspect that since they are present on the line, your cable card or OTA tuner is able to decode them. Nice freebies!

Steve Capes
Unregistered guest
Chris,
I bought same TV and had same experience but now the channels have diappeared. I ordered and should have tomorrow firmware upgrade to latest, if you need also. Wondering if you still have access to subchannels via comcast directly hooked to tuner...in alpharetta here

brookbend
Unregistered guest
I have a model WD-52525 that I purchased in December 2004. I was getting similar subchannels from cable ie 108-13. 110-29. When re-scanning the cable input in the antenna menu, no stations showed up with sub-channels as they did previously. I have re-scanned with the "prefer digital" box checked and not checked. They just don't show up. I have read almost the entire manual. I think these channels that Cyclone16 is receiving are Video on demand or PPV. Guys the WD-52525 is not all that user friendly, maybe I screwed this up.

grfunk
Unregistered guest
I'm wondering if the tuner in your tv is the same as in my Sony 42WE655. I have a cable card slot but I don't have the card. All I have is basic cable and when I hook that up to the cable RF input, I pick up Video on Someone else's Demand. I don't get the local HD because it's remodulated in a way that the tuner doesn't tune to it. You have to catch those VOD signal while they are on and then go into your channel presets and turn them all on all the time. They are only hot when a movie is being played so if you auto scan when nobody is paying, the scan won't see them and program them in. I get my digital channels on 83 through 86 with 10 sub-channels each. You never know what's on, when it's on, if it will be stopped by who's paying for it, if they want to fast forward or rewind but it's free. I've watched parts of a lot of movies and sometimes the whole thing. I've had it for 6 months now.

steve capes
Unregistered guest
Brookbend, upgrade your firmware in TV. Mitz will mail to you, and all the channels will reappear.

Username: Cyclone16

Atlanta, Georgia

Post Number: 2
I see a few of you guys are getting the PPV too, Ive watched parts of movies and whole movies too.All the time, To the guys that are not getting a signal reboot the TV that should do it. I want to get the new firmware but do not want to loose my free PPV stuff.

Username: Battleborn

Las Vegas, Nevada USA

By any chance would someone be able to help a true idiot? And I do mean a true idiot, not a fake!

In 1999 I bought a Mitsubishi WS65903 Diamond series projection television from the Good Guys. Along with it Mitsubishi RGB-CV10 box designed to receive the signal from my Mitsubishi HDTV Receiver.

I have never received the picture shown in the showroom. I have been diligent on having the service extended and performed on my television every year. Every year I complain that I am not getting the picture that I paid for. Finally after being convinced by Direct TV that my receiver must be faulty, I was offered the opportunity to send my "broken" $500.00 Mitz Receiver to Direct TV were for a mere $200.00 and get a replacement receiver. Stupid me I did. What I received in the exchange is a Samsung HDTV Tuner/Receiver, ID# 0001 3912 3681. This did not cure the problem.

I was told that I needed an Oval satellite dish with 3 LND's in order to pick up the HD signal. I purchased one. I still am not receiving the picture that I continue to pay for. I have many times said screw it and lived with what I have, which isn't bad, but it's not what I saw in the showroom in 1999.

Is it even realistic to assume there may be a cure? I'm 6 years, $8,000.00+ into it and I feel like a freight train has been using my buttocks for a tunnel to get to no-where's-ville. I am even ready to give up yet again and live with my wonderful investment, much like my stock market adventure in the early 2000's.

If anyone can stop laughing long enough to dry there tears and try to help/suggest any ideas to this True Idiot, short of spending another $8000.00, I would greatly appreciate it.

Sincerely,

True Idiot
Aka - Brett McCoy

billllllyhilllllly22
Unregistered guest
Brett,

Man I feel your pain about those millenium era stock investments. I became a millionaire by losing three million, LOL. Sorry can't help with your video experiences.

Unregistered guest
I HAVE A PHILIPS POWERVISION TV. I CANNOT GET ANY CHANELS, BUT IF I PUT THE TV ON AV AND PLAY TV THROUGH THE VIDEO THEN I GET CHANNELS. INEED TO KNOW IF THE TUNER IS FAULTY SO THAT I CAN REPLACE IT.

PLEASE ADVISE

I AM REGISTERED BUT DO NOT KNOW MY LOGIN DETAILS

op
Unregistered guest
howdy fellas... i have a mitsubishi HD 65inch WD with an HD receiver supplied by my cable company and whenever i watch for instance ESPN HD and i'm seeing a game i can't see the scoreboard because it is cutoff. I've tried messing with the format button on my tv remote but it only gives me 2 options.. DTV standard and HD expand which both do not fix the problem. Could it be something with my cable box. I'm all out of ideas and its driving me nuts! please help!

Unregistered guest
FoUoCoK

sss
Unregistered guest
Help..trying to set-up my picture-in-picture
when I scan channels it scans the tv channels
instead of my cable channels so..all I get is snow
how do I get it to scan my cable channels?
its actually direct tv not cable..set on channel 3
all other of coarse are static..any idea??

fx
Unregistered guest
Very few TV's can display a PIP with digital inputs. Since you only have a single input you will never get a PIP. You need an analog input to your TV so it's dual tuners can display a PIP.

xvxvxvx

Anonymous

Here's an HDTV problem that I suspect is quite common., but differs in its severity, therefore is not always addressed by the owner of the TV.

I have a 52" Mitsubishi DLP (model # 52525). Picture clariy , definition, color, etc are all FINE. BUT......

When watching a letterboxed broadcast or DVD, I notice that the width of the black border at the top is not uniform, It is wider on the left side of the screen than it is on the right side by about 1". On the black border at the bottom, it's narrower on the left side of the screen than it is on the right side, (by about the same 1"). This has the effect of making the picture slope upwards as one scans it from left to right. Even text in the center of the picture has that same tilt. I'm sure the adjustment is quite simple., but the set is out of Warranty by about 4 days, and I don't want to be extorted to have it fixed. The problem existed from day one of my ownership. But I ignored it because I was "in thrall" of the beauty of a full screen picture.

Have any of you encountered a similar problem? And if you have, how did you solve or fix it?

Username: Phroman

Can anyone tell me how they contacted Mitsubishi to request new firmware? Thanks !

Anonymous

I have 62" Mitsubishi DLP (model 62627) I get sound but not video on digital and HD channels. Is problem TV or Motorolla cablecard

Anonymous

I have 62" Mitsubishi DLP (model 62627) I get sound but not video on digital and HD channels. Is problem TV or Motorolla cablecard
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us