Using AB Switch with Digital Cable/VCR

Username: Gidget424

Post Number: 1
I have new digital cable and want to be able to tape any channel or at least the basic/standard cable channels while watching another channel or while away. I have bought the AB Switch and splitter and I think I have everything connected correctly to the digital terminal, TV and VCR but I don't actually know how to use it.
Can some walk me through step by step on how to set the VCR and when to switch to A or B etc. in very easy, non-techy terms. I spent all day yesterday trying to record something and kept getting blue screen. If I have to choose whether or not I can tape the digital or standard cable then I would like to be able to tape standard cable while watching another channel on standard cable. Hope this makes sense.

cable disenfranchised
Unregistered guest
I have the same question! I can't believe the technology is so poor that we have to futz with splitters and A/B switches! What a joke.

I did find the following slightly helpful.
http://www.mediacomcc.com/cstsvc_help_connections.html

Any other input would be appreciated.

Anonymous

I have a DVD recorder, and a cable tuner. How do I hook up an AB switch so I can record one channel
while viewing another? Any help greatly appreiciated. Thank You

Silver Member
Username: Dmwiley

Post Number: 121
If your DVD recorder has a tuner, why would you need an AB switch? Why couldn't you just split the cable, run one to the cable tuner and one to the DVD recorder. That way, you could record programs from the DVD tuner and still watch whatever you wanted through the cable tuner. Am I missing something here?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us