Sony rdr hx900

Username: Macarta

Post Number: 1
I'm thinking of buying this recorder and just wanted to know if anyone out there has one and if they would recommend it? Also is it possible to copy dvd's onto the hard drive and then on to a disc or not? Sorry for my technical ignorance if this can't be done without a burner involved

Zoeliz
Unregistered guest
I have one and really love it. Mine seems to have a fault, though, because very occasionally it inserts an automatic pause in a timed recording, fortunately at or near the end. I've spoken to SONY and they said they've never heard of that before. That being said, it's an easy machine to use and gives excellent results. Go for it!

Unregistered guest
I ordered the Sony rdr hx900 and have a question. I plan on connecting it to Comcasts digital high def receiver DCT5100. My hope is that I can connect as follows; cabel into DCT5100, component out of DCT5100 to Sony hx900 in, Sony hx900 component out to High Def TV component in. For the audio, coax from DCT to stereo, and using audio rca y plugs L and R to TV R and L and the other to Sony R and L in. Finally I'll use toslink from the Sony to the tos in on my receiver. This will allow 5.1 while viewing a DVD or watching tv thru the DCT.

Will a high def sign survive going from the DCT thru the Sony rather than direct to the TV?? Any other recommendations

xvxvxvx
Unregistered guest
"Will a high def sign survive going from the DCT thru the Sony rather than direct to the TV??

The answer is no. The Sony only accepts a 480i input signal even via the component cables. No DVD player on the market today accepts a progressive input or an interlaced input higher than 480i. But it will take the 480i input and convert it to a 480p output but as you know this is far from High Def.

If you are purchasing the Sony just because it has a component input I suggest you rethink your purchase. If you were purchasing it primarily because you believed it would pass the HD signal you should certainly reconsider.

xvxvxvx

Silver Member
Username: Dmwiley

Post Number: 277
I agree with X. There are no consumer stand alone HD DVD recorders at this time. However, I do believe there are computer DVD drives that support HD.

pinkspacegirl
Unregistered guest
i have a sony rdr hx900. Does anyone know if this can be region unlocked? Thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us