Circuit City

Username: Dvose

Post Number: 4
I just purchased The Samsung 4663 at CC, what a joke there extended service plan is I paid 500 bucks for it for 5 years and I just called them because the picture is still a little fuzzy, they told me they can't service it for the first year because it's under a Samsung warranty, anyone else run into this?? So I said it's really only a 4 year warranty then, she didn't say anything.

tvshopper
Unregistered guest
Dean,

That is true. Every extended warranty extends the terms of the original manufacturer warranty. During the original term of the manufacurer's warranty, you deal with them. After that time, you contact the warranty extension provider.

Bronze Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 91
I an 'anti' extended warranty kind of person. I'll pocket the $500 from the extended warranty, and use that for any necessary repairs if they should arise in the future. They usually wont.......

In my experience, everything defective that I've ever bought was discovered within the first 30 days. Sure, things can break down after the first year, but the percentage is very small. In my own experience, by the time something breaks, it's an outdated component that should be replaced anyway because of technology advances.

Heck, I've probably saved enough through the years by not buying extended warrantees, that I could probably replace several costly components with the money 'not' spent on warrantees.

I guess some people like having an insurance policy on their equiptment...........but I'm not one of those:-)

Anonymous

EXTENDED WARRANTIES are a ripoff. Now the case described above where Circuit City apparently says the "PSP" doesn't even take effect until the one year warranty takes place is CLASSIC RIPOFF BEHAVIOR. The salespeople in these stores routinely make verbal misrepresentations as to the true nature of extended warranties and invariably denigrate the manufacturer's warranty.

Many times I have heard salespeople in Circuit City and Best Buy telling people that their special extended warranties are far better and quicker acting than than the standard manufacturers warranty

BEST BUY is the most outrageous with a virtual army of people verbally assaulting anyone attempting to buy a major item like a computer or large screen TV without their extended warranty

100% of Circuit City's operating profit last yr derived from extended warranty, with 50% for Best Buy per Business Week article dec 19th, 2004

SAVE THE 500 DOLLARS AND BE FREE TO PAY FOR YOUR OWN REPAIRS WHERE YOU WANT - IF IN THE ULTRA RARE CASE SOMETHING GOES WRONG AFTER THE FIRST YR

grfunk
Unregistered guest
I make purchases of electronics with my American Express card. I have the low end AE card that does not have an annual fee. Gives me Delta Sky miles and it doubles the manufacture's warranty. 2 year warranty is long enough.

Username: Xiphias

Post Number: 9
all is not lost Dean. Just call the Samsung Cust.Serv. 800#, tell them the problem(s) and they'll patch you right thru to a local repair/service guy. I have nearly a year old DLP and the color wheel went. Two days later, service showed up, spent 45 minutes to switch out the wheel and wa-la, $0 service bill. Plus a couple of days later, Samsung CS call me up with a satisfaction survey. Great service! I'm happy.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us