Hookup for a Panasonic DMR-E85H

Username: Krhaugh

Post Number: 1
HELP!! I just got an E85H and the installation guide is completely different than my other component guides. Is this generally set up like a VCR set-up or how do you do this. I have:

Mitsubishi Big Screen WS65711 High Def TV
Comcast Motorola High Def Cable Box DCT5100HDTV
Panasonic DMR-E85H
Yamaha HTR-5660 AV Receiver

I am new to all these hookups and can't figure whose guide to use. Panasonics Help line was a 55 minute wait.

Any insight would be appreicated.

xvxvxvx
Unregistered guest
S-Video cable fron your Cable box to E-85
Component cables to your TV
Either Optical cable or RCA cables (Red/White) from E-85 to Receiver

xvxvxvx

Post Number: 2
Thanks for the reply - some clarification:
I currently have component cables going from the Comcast box to the TV and from the E85 to the TV, is that necessary or overkill?

xvxvxvx
Unregistered guest
Two sets of components is how I have mine setup downstairs. Upstairs I am using a DVI cable from my STB and component from my E-85.

xvxvxvx

Post Number: 3
Thanks so far. When the TV is run through the E85, I don't get any sound. I have audio cables with component video running from the cable box to the TV. I have the same setup from teh E85 to the TV. I hooked up a S video cable between the cable box and the DVD. There are no more audio outputs on the cable box to hook up to the DVD. It's 2005, this stuff should be easy. HELP xvxvxvx!!!

xvxvxvx
Unregistered guest
Please tell me your TV manufacturer and model Kevin. It was easy in 1950, 3 channels, black and white, fine tuning, volume, contrast and brightness, no remotes or additional components. In 2050 it will be easy again. :-)

xvxvxvx

xvxvxvx
Unregistered guest
Forget my question in the last post. Why aren't you running audio cables to your receiver instead of to your Tv?

xvxvxvx

Post Number: 4
I do have audio cables running to the receiver. That works fine but for normal TV watching, I prefer to use the TV's stereo speakers as opposed to the surround sound. I have a Mitsubishi High Def 65" WS65711.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us