Samsung 4663

Username: Dvose

Post Number: 1
Hi, anyone having problems with there Samsung 4663 receiving Analog channels? Mine are terrible the HD channels are awesom and I love the TV but the picture quality, and suggestions or fixes?

Klaus
Unregistered guest
Are you on cable, satellite or off air? I had a cable box which made the analog channels horrible. If you are on cable, select the option to pass-through the signal. This will allow the upconversion from 480i to be done by the tv which is superior to the box.

Post Number: 2
Hi, I'm on cable, where do I select that option from? The cable box right now is set to 1080i
Thanks!

xvxvxvx
Unregistered guest
Dean Motorola or Scientific Atlanta cable box?

xvxvxvx

Post Number: 3
Hi it's a Motorola, I may have figured it out I set the cable bot to 480i output is that correct and the picture seems much better. Thanks

Post Number: 5
Let me correct myself, the picture isn't that great after all, it was for an hour or so not it's terrible again.

Klaus
Unregistered guest
Dean:
Try a test. Unhook the coax cable from the wall to the set top box and run it directly into the antenna input on the TV. Try tuning the analog channels this way and see how they look. I did this with mine and saw huge improvement. Turns out the STB was junk. I got the new SA8300HD DVR and analog was OK. The thing to remember is that upconversion from 480i requires addition picture elements to be added by interpolation of the analog signal. If you have bad signal quality then there is a good chance that the TV will amplify that poor signal. I also find that leaving the DNie and digital noise reduction off and sharpness near the left of the scale improves analog PQ
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us