Reception HELP!!

Rockville MD
Unregistered guest
I had an off-air antenna installed a month ago and everything worked fine. This week, thankfully after the Super Bowl, all of a sudden Fox and ABC off-air stopped coming in! The ABC 7-2 channel works find, NBC, CBS, and all other channels work. The screen is blank (not "seaching for signal") when I try to view either Fox (5-1) or ABC (7-1).

Any ideas or help?

Allan Hoover
Unregistered guest
Funny that you should mention this...because I continue to have a very similar problem in the Washington suburb of Herndon, Va. About a week BEFORE the Super Bowl, Fox and CBS dissappeared from my on screen guide. I have tried about 100 times to scan for digital channels (I have DishNetwork 811 receiver with ota antenna connected). The scan finds NBC, ABC, WETA, and several obscure channels, but not Fox and CBS! I wonder if you have DishNetwork as well and, if so, wonder if the problem could be with the 811 receiver. BTW, like you, I installed the ota antenna about a month ago and all channels were aquired fine and I got good HD reception on all.

Bronze Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 66
I had the same problem in Kansas City. I called the local ABC station and spoke to an engineer and he said they did something to their TV signal(bitrate adjustment?)and said that a lot of Sat boxes werent picking up the signals. My ant is plugged into my samsung sat box.

They told me to unplug the Sat. box for about 1 minute, plug it back in, and then research for channels.

It fixed my problem......
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us