Volume issues on HLP5063 Samsung DLP

Anonymous

Having issues with the volume on my Sammy. Volume will all of sudden go down to almost nothing on its own...will then return to normal after turning off TV for a few minutes. If you leave it alone, volume will come back up to normal after 8-10 min. Strange. Anyone else have this issue?

FYI
Unregistered guest
Very strange, but it's not the first time I've heard of it. Your call on having the set peeled open for this problem. Most of us have at least a 5.1 Dolby Surround Sound receiver. (very good pricing lately) We keep those internal speakers muted. I don't even have an audio feed to mine.
That way you can enjoy that HD set with the home theater sound that makes the experience really enjoyable. Even a regular sterio amp with two good floor standing speakers will blow away what you have been listening to. You owe it to yourself to hear the difference.

Anonymous

I do have a Yamaha 5.1 receiver but it's not yet hooked up...problem mounting speakers in the room that has the TV..I do plan on doing this though and I agree it will make a HUGE difference. I did call Samsung service today as I also have the smudge mark issue. They recommended I have the set replaced and to contact the store I bought the TV at which I plan to do.

FYI
Unregistered guest
That's a very good idea!

When your new one arrives, just set those speakers anywhere for now. Use the digital optical audio connection. It will sound fabulous!

Know it all
Unregistered guest
Hmmm... The only thing I could think of is that the "Auto Volume" option may be on. This option automatically adjusts the TV volume depending on how loud the channel you are watching is. Go to the sound menu and if it is on, turn it off. If it still does that then it must be something else.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us