Which HD DVD player should I get ?

Username: Janteby

Post Number: 1
Hello,

Overall I don't know much about electronics so any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have a SONY Plasma TV that has VGA inputs. So for my current DVD player I baught a special cable to go from Component to VGA. Everything works ok.

But now I want to get a High Definition DVD player becuase my TV supports HD. I was researching & I beleive that most require a DVI or HDMI input which my TV does not have.

One I came across that might be good is the NeuNeo HD player. But then I saw the
DENON DVD-1910,
Samsung HD-941,
Harman Kardon 31,
Zenith DVB318.

Consider that price is not an issue, which would be the best one for me, picture wise (I dont care about sound) ?

Any others that you would recomend ?

Any help woould be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Jeff

Anonymous

The worlds first High Definition DVD player will be made by Toshiba and will be introduced fall 2005 using HD-DVD format and will initially sell for around $1000

Eric B.
Unregistered guest
"The worlds first High Definition DVD player will be made by Toshiba and will be introduced fall 2005 using HD-DVD format and will initially sell for around $1000"

No offence, but that really doesn't help.

I'm in the same boat as you Jeff. Only replace the plasma screen with a projector. I have component and VGA inputs. Does anyone know if an in line (line break) type adapter will work on the units described above, or do I have to buy the $400 converter box to go from DVI to VGA?

Are there any "upscalling" DVD players that will output to component inputs?

Thanks in advance.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us