Problem with PIP when connecting TV to Cable box

Username: Dbo

Post Number: 1
Hi all,

Help....I just bought a Sony HD capable TV with PIP. I have a Comcast TV subcription so I need to connect through the cable box. The problem is when connecting the cable line to the cable box and then to my TV, my picture in picture feature does not work independantly. In other words, when in PIP mode, changing one channel changes the other one at the same time. It should be that the two PIP windows work independantly.

I've tried the following two ways but both yielding the same problem with PIP:
1) wall cable -->splitter --> cable box In and other to TV, then cable box to TV VHF.

2) wall cable --> cable box --> splitter --> TV and TV VHF

Does anyone know how to get my PIP to work correctly?

Thanks in advance!!

Post Number: 2
can anyone help?

Pops Molton
Unregistered guest
"1) wall cable -->splitter --> cable box In and other to TV, then cable box to TV VHF."

Your #1 is the correct way. Split the cable and one feed goes directly to the Cable In on the tv. The other feed goes to the cable box in, then out to the tv VHF. When watching tv thru cable box, hit the pip button. You will have a box on the left (highlighted) and a box on the right with both boxes showing the same picture. Now, arrow or joystick to highlight the right box. Hit your antenna button. The newly highlighted box will now switch to the regular unscrambled cable input. Hit channel up or down and now picture will be independant from the picture on the left.
Remember, you cannot swap the boxes. Only the cable box input can be shown in the left while regular cable, vcr, dvd, etc., can be shown on the right.

Post Number: 4
Thank You!!! It works! It was user error on my side since I was controlling incorrectly. Now I can enjoy the superbowl and another channel at the same time ;-)

Post Number: 5
Thank You!!! It works! It was user error on my side since I was controlling incorrectly. Now I can enjoy the superbowl and another channel at the same time ;-)

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us