Can't find S-Video setting on Panasonic Ct-27G24

Username: Carol1247

Post Number: 1
Carol's question:
Can't find the S-Video setting on my Panasonic CT-27G24 TV. I tried to hook up my new DVD player and the only way I've been able to get it to work is to hook a wire from the back of the DVD player to the front of the TV. Is there a better way to do this?

My husband's comments:
1. I don't know how to set the TV so it will display the DVD feed through the S-Video connection. Video 1 and Video 2 don't work and I don't see any other selection.

2. The picture on the TV (even when its coming from the cable box, which is feeding via RCA jacks) tends to go to B&W depending on how I wiggle the S-Video connector on the back of the set.

3. The controls on the remote and on the DVD player itself don't seem to work (e.g., stop, play, etc.).

I don't think the problems are related, but not sure. The lack of function on the DVD player suggests its a bum unit, but the other problems are probably due to my lack of knowledge.

FYI, I'm feeding the audio amp via audio RCA jacks and the TV via S-Video. The audio seems to be working fine (which right now is the only way I can be sure the DVD is actually playing the disk).

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us