Sony DVP NS975V vs Toshiba 5970 & Denon 2910

Username: Wrench

Post Number: 5
After buying several DVD products, I have come to a pondering question for you all. How do you know the diffrence between a good quality picture and an excellent HD quality picture. It seems to me everybody has diffrent idea of what makes a good picture or "awesome, GREAT, Detailed, Sharp, Better, Kick A$$" picture. We all have HD TV, LCD, DLP and others. So we're all going to have a diffrent quality of picture right?. The point I'm trying to make is this...Its not what your DVD Player can do for you, its what you can do for your DVD Player. By comparing the 3 DVD players (Sony, Toshiba and Denon) I have come to realize that not all DVD players are created equal. Yes, they all look diffrent from the outside and some work efficently than most. But heres where it counts...SOUND, PICTURE and CONTROL. Using an Sony LCD HD TV, the Sony and Denon give off an excellent HD picture quality. Now using the Samsung DLP TV, gives an excellent HD Picture quality. Which brings my point...no matter what HD TV you have, these DVD Players will give you what you expect out of it. The only diffrence between the two is the price. I'm not here to badger or ridicule other DVD Players like Panasonic, Yamaha or Samsung and others. I strongly believe there an excellent DVD Player in there own way...BUT the one DVD player I will warn you about is the TOSHIBA 5970. DO NOT BUY THIS PIECE OF CRAP. It is DVD playere that should have never been released. Sound, Picture and Control are poor. And to the guy thats running your DVD movies on your PS2, give it some time, that PS2 will lock up on you.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us