Double vision when turning on?

Damiel
Unregistered guest
Hello,

I have Comcast HD service in Philadelphia with a Motorola DCT 6200. I have a Sharp Aquous LC-32G4U connected to the Motorola via DVI to HDMI cable.

I have been noticing that when I turn off the TV on, say, ESPN HD channel and I turn it back on, the image is doubled. This happens when an HD channel is not transmitting true HDTV widescreen content and has the columns on either side. The display tells me its 1080i.

I change the channel and then come back to the original channel, and the doubling is gone and all is back to normal.

Anyone else experincing this phenomenon? Anyone know why it does this and how to resolve? It is a minor inconvenience since it only happens when I turn it on an HD channel that happens to have those columns on instead of a true HD program ad it resolves itself after flipping back and forth.

Thanks,

D.

Anonymous

same thing with the Motorola DCT 6400 (HD combo tuner/DVR) using Comcast.

Of course change the channel etc and it appears to reset and work fine. I too consider it a minor annoyance, and I believe over time they will work out these bugs. There is alot of chips and new technology at work all trying to work in harmony with the various multi digital/hi-def formats, so it will take time

Comcast gets it right where it really counts,a great HI DEF PICTURE on the mega sized super screen we have here

xvxvxvx
Unregistered guest
It will be solved in a future firmware upgrade vai an automatic download from your cable company. What you are experiencing is the HDCP handshake communication error. A method to never see this problem is to always turn on your TV display before the STB. Otherwise you are using the solution many of us are using, by just flipping the channel.

xvxvxvx
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us