Toshiba 44NHM84 Warranty Repair Help

Username: Toshiba_remorse

CA

Post Number: 1
Does anyone have suggesttion on navigating Toshiba's warranty repair process? I bough the 44" DLP in late November, and it worked great, until new year's day. I functioned intermitently until Jan 16. Since then, it has been dead. The retailer was no help (more than 30 days and I had tossed the box).

The problem is that it won't turn on. It starts its normal cycle, makes a funny buzzing sound, and shuts itself off asfter about 15-20 seconds. A repair guy came on 1/3 and got it to work (sort of), but was unsure what he did to fix it, and what the probelm was.

I've been getting the run-around from Toshiba; they now say they are going to send me a back-ordered lamp that is "consumer repairable". The last time some was brave enough to give me an ETA on the part, it was Feb. 28.

Any suggestions?

Bronze Member
Username: Theburninator

Post Number: 20
Hmmm, I had a problem with my Toshiba and they were very quick about getting me in contact with a service center to get it fixed. I didn't have any problems at all getting my tv taken care of. Maybe you just need to call again and tell them you need to have the tv serviced.

Unregistered guest
I have mitsubishi big screen VS-50607 and the picture is jumping and shaking most of the time. Can anyone help me resolve this please.

CA

Post Number: 2
Good News! Toshiba called yesterday and agreed to take dramatic action to fix the problem. The only bad news is that the fix will take 10-15 business days to arrive. Thus, I'll wind up being without my new set for about 5-6 weeks total. Ouch.

rainbows
Unregistered guest
Tim, how in the world did you manage to speak to anyone at toshiba who is even aware that toshiba sells TVs?!?!?!?!

I can't seem to find any kind of phone number for them other than their sales number and their computer support line.

Does anyone know how I might get hold of them?? I need to ask them about my rainbow issue.

rainbowless
Unregistered guest
Rainbow issue? That is a problem with how your eyes and brain process light. If you see rainbows on DLP sets, you will see them, period. You need a different technology (one without a color wheel, i.e. LCD, LcOS) to get rid of the rainbows.

CA

Post Number: 3
Rainbowless -

I called their customer service number - 800-631-3811. Voice mail option #1, then #4. It took some patience. One time, I got a laptop exptert.

Good luck.

rainbowneurotic
Unregistered guest
rainbowless, the thing is, some sets seem to be less prone to cause rainbows than others (to those of us who see them at all). For example, I didn't see any rainbows on a panasonic dlp I had for about a week. I also don't see rainbows at all at the stores. However, I see them on this toshiba all the time at home, although like I said, the panny was rainbow free. The panny also has an 8 segment wheel as opposed to this sets 6 segment wheel...some argue that this could reduce the rainbows significantly. Also, everyone who has seen my tv has seen rainbows. I am wondering if maybe I have a color wheel problem or it's spinning just a bit too slowly or something strange like that....I dunno...I just don't want to return another TV. I found this one at a good price, I like the picture, but I see rainbows....It's a dilemma...

Post Reader
Unregistered guest
Here's a good article about the subject.

http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,1558,1747604,00.asp

tmac
Unregistered guest
hey i had the same problem with the toshiba tv not working. i think the bulb/lamp burnt out and i didn't even watch 10 hours on it. i think these tvs are defective. the picture is great but quality is crap.

CA

Post Number: 4
Tmac -

What kind of action have you taken? What has your retailer done? Have you called Toshiba directly?

Jayare
Unregistered guest
I bought this tv and have had it less than a month. The picture quality on it is terrible. With scenes that are inside or darker I get a shiny glow over the dark colours. I tried adjusting the contrast with the result being no change. Other scenes when they are brighter or filmed outside during the day the picture is perfect. I have another one being delivered. If its the same I will ask for my money back and buy a Samsung.

bryn
Unregistered guest
Tim
I bought a 44NHM84 in Dec.04 and mine quit on me over the weekend. The Operation light comes on red then flashes green for 30seconds with a couple of buzzing sounds and switches back to red or Standby Mode but will not switch on. I am waiting for an authorized technician to fix it.
Neither the Lamp light or the Temperature light come on. Is your problem the same and has it been repaired yet?

CA

Post Number: 5
My problem is very similar to what you describe. See my post on 2/3. I am no longer experiencing the problem.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us