Philips TV-No power-Help! (27PT64441/37)

Anonymous

No power at all, either by 'on/off' button or remote.
I contacted Philips about this problem. They told me to hold the 'on/off' button and plug it in. But nothing came up. Then they just gave me a phone number of a nearby electronics. Since I would have to pay the labor, I wish I could have a little bit sense about the problem and the cost.
Can somebody help me out?

Anonymous

IF THE FUSE HAVE BLOW, UNPLUG THE DEGAUSSING COIL, REPLACE THE FUSE AND TEST THE TV WITHOUT THE DEGAUSSING COIL. IF THE SET RESTART YOU HAVE TO REPLACE THE PTC

Anonymous

I have the same problem as you for the Philips TV( the same model), would you please tell me how to figure out the solution? Thanks a lot!

Raju
Unregistered guest
Please Help me!!!!!!!!! - My TV is Troubling....

I have bought a Television of (Philips) 21" flat in March - 2004. Now April-2005 I am getting real problem with the TV. It is frequently getting switched ON and OFF. Whenever I switch on the power the screen slowly glows in very greenish dull color and when it try to get its natural color the power gets OFF and after say a gap of 5 seconds it gets ON. This process repeats Continuously. I am not understanding what to do. Please help me what to do.

Username: Stingray442

S. Yarmouth , MASS USA

Post Number: 4
power issue - shop charge 100 to 150 not to bad a trouble
greenish - take to a repair shop it sounds sick.

george1122
Unregistered guest
I have a Philips 28 colour tv bought second hand (fool I know). Sometimes the channel locks (after 5 mins of tv) so I cant change it by remote or using the tv buttons. I then switch it of and when I switch it on again, I can hear the tv come on but there is no picture or sound and attempts to switch on or off the tv does not make the damn thing work. same thing happens when watching a film. Ill swith the Dvd/video off at the end of the film and the tv screen will go blank and nothing i can do can make normal tv come back on.

Anonymous

my brother's black and white 14' philips Tv has audio but the screen is blank.I have'nt looked at it yet but I need a clue before I get to see it.

Unregistered guest
Hi,

George 1122 i have been reading about your problem with your tv and im having the same problem as you, did you find out any solutions how to fix this because its been a real pain for me i keep on having to turn the tv off for a while then power it up and sometime it works some times a black screen like you if you have any ideas it would be great p.s i bought mine off my mate second hand to your not on your own.

jing
Unregistered guest
Heelp!! my philips tv won't power up. I hear a ticking sound inside but no light, not even the red pilot outside.

Steph45
Unregistered guest
We have had two Philips TV's in the past year and BOTH of them had on/off problems. The first time, we were able to replace the TV, the replacement TV just quite working last night. We will never buy a Philips TV again.

Anonymous

Help!! I have locked my Philips Tv model: uvsh 62w 28pw6006 05 prod no q6 000232 180268
Can anyone please help me unlock this, it is a new tv and i don't want to pay more money to have it unlocked.
Thanks!!

Unregistered guest
My Philips TV (27PT832025) has great picture, but NO sound; the screen display seems to be stuck on "mono" (i.e., it won't go off) ... all the other controls and features appear to work fine, but I can't switch from mono to stereo mode, and nothing will reset the sound (speakers are on, all the other settings are as the manual specifies) ... ???!

B_Sheids
Unregistered guest
I have a 27" Philips "real flat " TV. The power button fuse blew, and the notation on it is some special code only they know. It's a T4E250V fuse. I'll officially NEVER buy anything Philips again, but for now I'm wondering if it's A) a fast or slow blow, and B) how many Amps/Volts is it?

B_Sheids
Unregistered guest
Since their tech support was bluntly unsympathetic to me, I decided to send this to Philips. You may all think I am psychotic, but hopefully it will help get somethings done. Oh, yeah. I wrote this while on hold...

Hello Sir or Madam:

I am an American consumer who purchased a 27" Philips "Real Flat" TV (model# 27PT6441/37). I've had it for about 18 months; just long enough for the warranty to run out, and the power button fuse to blow. I have tried contacting technical support, but they claim that they are not authorized to send me the fuse that blew. I have taken the fuse to a number of electronics shopes, but they are all unable to read the notation written on the fuse. I cannot replace it without knowing what type of fuse it is. It is literally a 10 penny item, and I refuse to pay for a TV repair man to fix it.

The television is worth less than $300 (US dollars), and it could cost nearly that much to have it fixed by an authorized service department. I suspect this is precisely the reason the fuse is "in code" to begin with. However, for the money it would cost me to have it fixed, I would much rather go out and purchase a new TV of a different brand name.

The fuse reads: T4E250V. I simply need to know A) if it is slow or fast blow fuse, and B) how many Amps/Volts it is. I would be impressed if you went ahead and sent me a new fuse, free of charge. However, if you cannot, I would settle for the information as requested.

I understand that this may not be your department or your area of expertise, but so far Philips' telephone tech support has been a complete waste of time. Please be kind enough to forward this email wherever it needs to go, if you do not have the answers to my request.

Furthermore, I understand Philips' liability in allowing consumers to open their TV sets and replace internal parts. I also understand that I have voided my warranty by removing the fuse myself. (Even though my warranty was pretty much expired anyway.) However, since this is clearly a simple blown fuse, I would like to think you will exercise common sense. Send me the fuse, and I will stop bugging you.

Thank you so much.

Ben Blumensheid.

PS.

I will be sending this email to as many officials as I can, including CEOs, other executives, and technical department people. I will be calling as many Philips related numbers as I can find. I will also be posting, on several electronics forums and chat rooms, this email as well as unbiased accounts of your responses to my inquiries. As yet, I have only negative, undesirable news to report about your company and its refusal to respond to my problem in a timely and courteous fashion.

Anonymous

Our Philips TV 27PT6441/37 purchased 14 months ago will not turn on as of yesterday. We unplugged it, waited, then plugged it back in. No results. Called the Philips help line and was given the name of a service dept. near us. The Philips guy was totally unsympathetic. This TV is a real lemon. We should deluge Philips with complaints!

Asaad
Unregistered guest
I had the same problem with my TV just go to Radio Shack buy Item # 270-1067 and it should do the trick it is very simple to fix. go to this link for more info http://www.figz.com/~hexix/

Unregistered guest
Phillips 27pt5441/37 ??? warrenty just expired,
1yr?? No Power!!!NO Nothing???
NO Help!!! Vary Upset!! I cannot afford to buy
A new tv every year!!! No More Phillips!!!!!!!

LisaDianne
Unregistered guest
Where can I find a screen protector and the trim that goes around it for a 60" Philips? Model # 7p6041c101. Everwhere says it is dicontinued. Please help.

Justin_camden
Unregistered guest
Got a Hitachi TV, turned it on this morning and it just cut out, no power light, nothing? Have changed the fuse to check that still no results, can anybody help, with how to fix a power problem on an old CRT TV?

Unregistered guest
i have a phillips 27 ,TV 27PT6441/37, i also have direct tv. my problem is i cant get the remote to program to work with direct box, i have tried all the codes that are givin? can any one help me with this problem? sometimes it will turn on and off box but never the tv?

Unregistered guest
Add my name to unhappy Philips TV 27PT6441/37 customer! 14 months ago I bought the FIRST of my 27pT...... Took it out of the box and nothing! No power. After MANY phone calls to Philips, I was told to take the brand new TV back to the store for a replacement. Here I am again, 14 months later and my 2nd 27pt.... will not turn on. Matters get worse since my son (who lives 100 miles away and our TV's were not bought thru the same chain store),bought the same model Philips and had the same trouble 1 month after warrenty expired. HELP! Has anyone thought about a class action case? Philips have a real obvious design flaw on this model! Within the last 14 months, my son and I spent over $1000 on 3 TV's that are now totally worthless. Word of mouth is the best advertiser AND THE BEST SALES BUSTER>

Unregistered guest
I bought this tv on 2/6/05 and it died on 2/10/06 just a year old yet. I bought the extended warranty from Best Buy and called for service. The technician called to setup the appoitnment but instead of giving us a time he said he would have to order a computer board and that his TV is famous for the board going bad. We asked him even after a year he responded yes. I went into the local Best Buy store because I wanted to exchange the set. They said I only bought the warranty service and not a replacement option. I explained to the manager what the technician had said and he couldn't understand how the technician new it was the board without looking at it. I agreed with him and asked him if he could get someone out to look in case it was somethingelse. He did that I am supposed to have some one out on Tuesday (2/14/06). I found out from the following website

http://www.coxesroost.net/journal/2004/12/11/television-repair

that most of the time it is a $2.00 fuse that goes out. I am really surprised at the number of complaints this tv has had. I will be printing out the complaints and leaving it for the tech to see on Tuesday. I will keep you all posted.

Unregistered guest
Hi my landlord jackhammered my kitchen floor and didnt cover any of my things including 3 x philips TVs, 2 x VCRs and 1 x playstation. There was an inch of dust covering all units, it took two weeks for any visible airbourne dust to disperse. Does anyone know if there is a chance of longterm damage due to corrosive cement dust. I am aout to take him to court. Or can you point me in right direction to get qualified advice in writing.. cheers

A Wied
Unregistered guest
Wow! I can't believe how many others have the same problem. I came looking for help with our Philips TV (27pt6441/37). It just stopped turning on yesterday, so I called for support and got the same thing as everyone else: NO HELP. We bought our TV in 12/04 so just over a year. Anyone finding out answers, please let the rest of us know!! PLEASE

A Wied
Unregistered guest
IT WORKED!!! I FIXED IT USING ASAAD'S ADVICE "I had the same problem with my TV just go to Radio Shack buy Item # 270-1067 and it should do the trick it is very simple to fix." Thank you so much. It cost $2.60 and took me 15 min. to replace. (If your looking for where in the TV it is, follow the power cord in and it's where the cord meets the board.)

netlt
Unregistered guest
Philips TV 27PT6442/37
12 months of use, then NO POWER.
The Line Fuse (T4E250V) is definitely blown. I can change the fuse - but what else is wrong that caused it to blow? Class Action seems to be indicated!

Keeper
Unregistered guest
Class action indeed. Count me IN. Phillips Model 27PT6441. 14 months old. No power.

Username: Reyazi

Post Number: 1
for those guys who changed the fuse and had it to work some of you used the 5 AMP and some used 4 AMP do you think it makes a big difference i already tried replacing the original one with a new 4 Amp Fuse, still didn't Work ! :-( so let me know if its worth the try for a 5 amp!

Username: Heather1234

I purchased my 27PT6441/37 Jan. 2005 and Feb. 2006 it died. Phillips was no help at all!! I can't wait to pickup my unrepaired TV from the repair shop, bust it into a 1000 pieces and send it back to Phillips! Phillips doesn't care if there's a design flaw.

Unregistered guest
I bought the philips 27PT6441/37 december of 04 and mine just stopped coming on today.Still trying to get ahold of philips.If anyone is considering a class action suit please contact me as i will be happy to participate in.But in the meantime is there a way to fix this? My email is tibtuner04@aol.com

lynsey
Unregistered guest
I have a philips digital receiver.When I watch digital T.v I'm not getting any colour. I've looked at my connections they seem fine. I don't know if my wee boy has touch the remote control. or if it's a fault .please help, I am at my wits end trying to fix it. and what is their customer help line phone number,

Username: Md2la04

Same here on that model Philips. No power after about 14 months (purchased the thing in Nov. 2004). How much did this cost you all to fix?

Bronze Member
Username: Bowlingdad

Post Number: 19
I had the exact same problem and ended up throwing the thing off my balcony.

Bronze Member
Username: Bowlingdad

Post Number: 20
im on the first floor.

Username: Monkie

Milwaukee, WI USA

We bought a Phillips 27PT6442/37 in Dec. '04 and have the same problem...NO POWER as of March '06. I will try the fuse suggested by Asaad.

Username: Chuckc

To: B_Shields- It is a 4 Amp/ 250Volt slow-blo 20mm fuse. The original fuse is listed as a safety component and should NOT be replaced by a higher value- like the 5Amp radio shack. When I was young, we had screw-in plug fuses instead of circuit breakers. When the 25 amp fuse blew, dad would put in a 30 amp- and if he didn't have one, he would use a penny in the fuse box. Same idea....

The correct repair for this set involves replacing the PTC [positive temperature coefficient] thermistor that limits the time the degaussing coil is on and of course replacing the fuse. A simple repair for a service shop.

Username: Kirk_m

Guyana

hi i'm a technician and i'm currently working on a philips 27PT64441/37flat television and i'm experiencing a problem where the relay clicks as though the tv is coming on but the flyback won't power up; however it's not the fuse that's causing it.i noticed a scorched horizontal driver transformer along with the regulator that works in conjunction with it. i replaced the horozontal driver transformer but i cannot replace the regulator since the severe scorch caused it to become un-identifiable. Can anyone identify this regulator? i can be contacted at kirk_dy_mic@yahoo.com thank you.

Username: Philly24601

HI, Was doing a search to see what could be wrong with my Philips TV which would not turn on - figured I had nothing to lose but $2.29 from Radio Shack for a new fuse following the above threads. TA DA. Works great. Picked up the TV and laid it on it's front on a blanket on the dining room table. Only about 8 or 9 screws hold it on. My husband and I lifted the back off together and sure enough the fuse next to the power cord was blown. Simple R & R and just plugged it back in 5 minutes ago and everything back to normal. Don't be afraid to do this yourself - it's easy (but heavy, use 2 people!)

Username: Black_box_tv

IT'S FIXED - ANOTHER SUCESS STORY -

I have a Phillips 27PT64442/37 TV plagued with the same power problem. I tried the fix suggested by Asaad and Susan on this message board and it worked!!! Thanks for posting this fix!

Go to radio shack and buy some new fuses -part #270-1036. Well worth the $2.50.

Username: Nintendowii

I have the problem!! I got my philips 27PT5441/37 Sept 05, it is now May 06 and it is busted. I turned it on and it made the power up sounds (I could hear it turn on) but then the screen stayed black. Now it wont turn on at all. I have tried unplugging it, using different outlets, etc. This is my first and last experience with a philips product. NEVER BUY THIS TV!!Upload

Username: Sballmom

Have a 60 inch TV and it won't power up. Can anyone help me?

Username: Evalsky

I bought a 27 in Philips flat screen 13 months ago. Now it won't even turn on. I bought a fuse from Radioshack for $2.89, replaced the old one and now the TV works great. The guy from Radioshack said Philips is known to have TV's whos fuses blow in a year. I can't believe Philips is getting away this BS.

Username: Mr_g

I have a Philips 27" Flat Tv model #27pt6441/37 and just this morning it wouldnt work. Thanks to you guys on here I fixed it this afternoon and it only took me about 10 mins. Those of you who are afraid to do it dont be. Goto radioshack and purchase a 4 pack of 4amp 250v slow blow 5mmx20mm fuses. Remove the 9 screws with a torx wrench and use some tweezers to pull out the old fuse(located next to the power cord on the board) and pop the new one in. Thats it. I will keep this tv for a little while then I will cut m losses as I believe this will happen again and again.

Username: Porkchop

Stratford, Ontario Canada

I've got a Philips 27" Model # 27PT6441/37 as well for 18 months, I went out to The Source (formerly Radio Shack in Canada) and bought the new fuse, 10 mins later I'm watching TV again. The Source Part Number is 2701174 for any Canadians with the same problem. I was peaved off as much as the rest of you but I don't blame Philips, they've got good technology behind them, but I do blame the Mexico assembly plant.

Username: Mrvbsgb

I have the same problem with my 30PW9816. Had it for a year and boom... no picture. I found another site (http://www.coxesroost.net/journal/2004/12/11/television-repair) that told me to look for the fuse. I spent 20 minutes opening the tv and found the fuse next to the power cord right away. Radio Shack is closed right now... but I'll be trying the fix tomorrow. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. BTW my fuse is a different size, it says 6.3H250V. If this works I'll have two HD tv's. I just bought a referb from www.electronicsalley.com and they where great. I figure buying referb you get the tv already fixed and at a much cheaper price. You can't beat Electronics Alley's prices.

Username: Ebonie

Post Number: 2
Tried the fuse and TV still won't work. It did stop clicking. But now has no sound, no picture. But the power light is on. Help! Philips Model # 27PT6441/37

Username: Gb_consumer

British Consumer requires help. We bought a Pillips flat screen t.v. from a friend about 3 months ago. It turns on normally but then after a while it will just switch off. We have to then turn it on all over again. Is this repairable? The model is: 32PW6506/05. Many thanks. John M.

Username: Dawnmarie

Hi. Several years ago I purchased a 36" flat screen. Model number- 43P8341/37. It worked fine until we moved it across the floor. Now, there is no picture, the power light blinks 4 times in code, & it makes a funny noise. Any ideas or where I can get help? as with all of you, support has been no support!!
Thanks!
Dawn

Username: Jim_bergerson

Same thing here with the #27PT6441/37; tried to turn it on one morning and nothing... As I was doing some research on the net, prior to calling Philips, I came across this forum. Many thanks to all of you: got the new fuse (a special thanks to the Canadian that left the Source part #), popped it in and voila.

I was particularly embarrased to read that so many people have had this problem. I was born and raised near the city of Eindhoven, in the Netherlands, where Philips originated. I always had great confindence in the company, which actually contributed to my choice of purchase.

Username: Svelasco

wow..all these problems with philips tv..i have a 62" screen tv..last night i unplugged it and when i plugged it back in it wont turn on..no power light nothing...now that i see all of these people have the same problem i will never get a philips again..as i read other comments i noticed that it might be a fuse..where would this fuse be..anyone can help that would be great...

It's really hard to say if our "fuse fix" will work for your TV, too. I know that in my case it worked on the 27" TV. The decision to try is up to you depending upon your situation. 1. It's under warranty and you won't want to touch it - contact support immediately. 2. It's out of warranty but you have the money to fix it - take it to an expert. or 3. (probably the most common) It's out of warranty and it will be a new junk table in the back room because you don't have the heart to throw it out nor the money to fix it. So, going on the assumption that you're like the rest of us (#3) you've got nothing to lose. Lay a blanket on the table, have someone help you lay it gently on it's front, remove all the screws and lift off the back. If within an inch or so of the power cord connecting to the circuit board you see a fuse, check to see if it's blown. If it is check to see if it's the same number we've mentioned before. If not take it into Radio Shack and see it they can match it up.
That's about all this Mom can help with - unless you need something put back together with duct tape. Good Luck, Susan

Username: Chuckc

Sereena and Susan- the 62" set is a different animal from the 27" set that this thread talks about. If the 62" is a big screen (or projection) tv in a large (typically 5 foot or 1.75 meter) tall cabinet, there are 3 picture tubes in a projection set and they contain a cooling fluid because they get VERY HOT when in use. DO NOT LAY THIS TYPE OF SET ON ITS FACE. It was made upright, transported to your home upright and should ALWAYS stay upright to keep the cooling fluid from accidentally getting out. The cooling fluid is actually ethylene glycol (like the antifreeze coolant in your car) and glycerol. It is both conductive - can short out electrical components if it gets on them - and corrosive - can eat away the metals of the circuit boards. It is a very bad thing to let the fluid spill on a circuit board. BEWARE!

Post Number: 3
Thanks Chuck,
I guess I should stick with repairing broken barbie dolls! Thanks for the heads up on this one.
Susan

Username: Mustbenick

Athens, Attika Greece

hi there, my problem is with my 29PT5515/01 PHILIPS TV,sudenly i coulnt turn on or change channels the sceen format changed to a wider cutting the subtitles and making the vertical edges of the picture curved and there is no right mode any more ...sometimes when it startit takes about a minute or so from the rtime you press the button till a picture comes and its on the menu right away and canot be switch to another mode,and last the external inputs dont work so no cannection to the avs dvs etc
any ideas
thanks in advace

Username: Crunch

Nebraska

Jeez!!! after reading this I really regret buying my used philips two weeks ago. Mine is a 180MT which means 18 inch LCD TV/PC monitor with picture in picture. It was awsome for a week being able to watch tv in the upper corner while on the internet at the same time. Or just PC or just TV. Sure nuff fresh out of warranty. Last week all tv functions quit working while all PC monitor functions are fine. Shares same buttons just switch modes but does nothing in tv mode only static/snow, no volume or OSD. For short time had bad picture like coax came loose then lost tv. Philips help line says send it in for $69.00 estimate and max repair of $159.00 but at their discression to fix or refuse, then I'm out $69 plus 2way shipping. local philips shop says factory repair only. Cheapest new one on net is $700, I see no fuse like rest of you lucked out with. Does anyone know where I could get a new mainboard, as I know all LCD parts are good as PC mode works.

Username: Deano_plenty

Gee? I wonder if it could be the motor aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnd the microswitch that i ordered about 2 months ago. Eureka! That was the cause.

Username: Deano_plenty

This piece of garbage is only about 50 bucks. But it'll get you tv back again and at a better resolution.Upload

Username: Ebonie

To the previous post: Are you talking about a fix for the 27 inch tv? If so where do I get this part?

Bronze Member
Username: Lebrimal

Post Number: 53
yea go to Future- for the Fix

Username: Ericsf

San Francisco, CA

Ahhh, the trials and tribulations of the Phillips 27 inch CRT piece o'shite... I purchased the earlier 27PT8419 model in 2002 which is practically the same as the newer 27PT6441 model mentioned here (strange how the later model number decreased...typical Phillips...) except I think it differs in that mine was supposed to have HDTV capabilities (you can find my detailed reviews of the 27PT8419 crap trap by searching Google for the model #)

Well, the HDTV port never worked right and had colored lines around the 16x9 display then after about a year it started to get blurrier and blurrier until I couldn't read any text on the screen and the images were all ghosted. I finally had arepair guy come out and he opened the back and adjusted the 2 ficus controls inside the set (FYI, on my model, ther are 2 or 3 small holes in the gray covering on the lower mid-right hand side of the back below the CRT that have small screws set deep inside them. I believe the top 2 are the focus controls (one horitontal one vertical?)) and he just placed a screwdriver in side each and turned them while the TV was still on and the picture focused up perfectly. I asked him if he should be doing that while the TV was still on and plugged in and he said, "Oh sure, we're not working with the CRT." Which made me think he was an idiot, but it makes sense that the TV would have to be on to adjust the focus...)

Anyway, now, 2 weeks later and $100 poorer, the TV suddenly cut out exactly the same way as everyone else's did on this forum. Man do I hate Phillips products. I'm going to try the Radio Shack fix mentioned above to see if I can avoid the costly house visit repair, but will be buying a SONY or Samsung LCD TV next and advise all to avoid Phillips TV products.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us