It's Greek to Me

Username: Thegreek150

Post Number: 1
Can someone help me? Just had dishnetwork installed,when after the fact, i was told about Receivers,(Blackbird,Silverbullets...ect)so i did some web searching my head hurts.soooo here it goes I have the American's Top 180 Package that Dish offers.What do i need (receivers..ect)to get PPV so my son can watch his WWE (Old School WWF)!!! Do i have to replace the LNBs do i have to download , what a good receiver?????????NEED HELP < THANKS

LK
Unregistered guest
Go with a pansat 2500 FTA receiver...its the most popular and inexpensive ($150-$190USD)...recommend [link removed] forums,files,live chat for help and info...and use any of their sponsors such as www.pansat.tv to buy hardware (receiver)...as far as LNB's etc. you must see what specific kind of dish and specific LNB's are installed on your roof,and how many receivers etc. are U wanting in your house...all those factors,come in to play as far as switches,LNB's,specific channel list files software they U might need etc...there is NOT a "one size fits all" recipe to FTA testing..U can drop your Dish subscription once U got all the pansats wired and working in your house..do be aware however that Dishnetwork is changing there "datastream" from Nagra1 to Nagra2 now and nagra2 has not been officially hacked yet,so FTA will not presently work on the channels that have already switched to Nagra2...rumor is though that nagra2 has been hacked and the hack will be released once Dishnetwork has completed the Nagra total switch over..and the pansat 2500 can be easily modded very simply to decrpt the nagra2 datastream then.. ..

Bronze Member
Username: Analman_returns

Post Number: 25
TALKING TO YOURSELF AGAIN!
FEBUARY 4 2005. JUDGEMENT DAY.
THE ANALMAN COMETH.
KNOW WHO YOUR FREINDS ARE.

Claire
Unregistered guest
Pete, I'm in the same boat. I have been a Dish subscriber for about 3 years but one of the channels, a Dutch station, has announced that it's going to be a Free to Air station as of March 31. So, I've started researching because I'd really like to have an "all in one" system. I don't mind paying a monthly subscription for stations like HBO, etc. but I'm having a hell of a time finding information in one spot on how to do that. Free would be even better, but I just want one system to deal with and still get my Dutch station. Any help would be wonderful. I'm half afraid to post here given some of the snarky responses in other threads I've seen!

LK
Unregistered guest
it all depends upon the satellites...go to www.lyngsat.com
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us