Is A HD Monitor A Better Choice? Panasonic TH-50PHD7UY

Username: Seanile

Post Number: 1
I found two industrial HD monitors, the Pioneer PDP-504X and Panasonic TH-50PHD7UY (reviewed here http://reviews.cnet.com/Panasonic_TH_50PHD7UY/4505-6482_7-31154596-2.html?tag=to p)for about $4,000. The way I look at it, I don't need speakers because I have a sound system and Adelphia gives me a HD cable tuner. The similar consumer model is around $7,000. A salesman at Tweeter said the monitors would not have a scaler to handle lower quality signals, so they will look lousy. I'm not sure what the Adelphia tuner box capabilities are. Will I be able to watch normal Cable, HD, DVD and Video games on these type of monitors? Or should I buy an external scaler? Thanks in advance.

Unregistered guest
I did the same search you did and came too the same conclusion. So I purchased the TH-50PHD7uy.
I first set the Plasma display with a Dishnetwork 501 it work great. The image was a bit fuzzy but other wise great for SD viewing. I
then purchase Dishnetwork 811 HD reciever with internal scaler and it looks much better in SD mode. But when you go to HD mode, Its out of this world. The panasonic unit has expandable input which is great. My only problem is that I
have placed orders for these (DVI, HDMI) and they are backordered everywhere.

Unregistered guest
I em looking to purchase panasonic TH-50PHD7uy too. I do have dishnetwork ( don't need tuner) and for sound I use my a sound system . Only Q I do have, did this plasma tv have any mode, like zoom, wide zoom and full mode, which I see on 16 : 9 widescreen tv's ? Otherwise I like the idea to don't pay for thing I don't need. THX
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us