DENON 755S DVI to HDMI Question......

Bronze Member
Username: Zacharyt

Post Number: 11
I have finally decided on a Denon 755S for a DVD player and have a few questions.

Since I will have to convert the DVI output to HDMI for my TV, will this conversion cause any problems in the PQ?

Does anyone have any extra input/opinions on the quality of this player?

Unregistered guest
Zach,
I have the Denon 1910 which is the black version of the 755s. The DVI output from the DVD player carries only digital video signals. A HDMI cable carries both digital video and audio. The DVI to HDMI cable serves only as a cable adapter so you can still take advantage of the digital video input to your TV. That is why you will still need to use a digital audio cable, i.e. optical cable, to carry the audio . Therefore, there is no difference in picture quality because there is no actual "conversion" of the signal.
The Denon 1910/755s is a great player for the price if you are looking for a player with DVI outputs. However, there are a few points about the 1910 that I would like to share. To begin with, don't buy this unit for the upscaling feature; I did not see a difference in the picture when comparing 480 vs 720 vs 1080. I also found that the contrast is a lot better when the "black levels" feature is turned off. The factory default is "on." There is a definite improvement in picture detail when comparing the digital DVI vs. the analog componet cables. (I am using a Mitsubishi WD 62725) I am fairly satisfied with the audio but, the only thing I have to compare with is a Sony CD player.
Overall, I think that this is a great player for the price if you are looking for a unit with DVI capabilities. Players with DVI and HDMI conectors are new and they come with a high price tag. I am using this unit to buy some time until the prices of the DVD players with HDMI come down.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us