Pinnacle movie box 9 usb

Username: Flabob

Tamarac , Florida

Post Number: 2
Hi Ya'll

i want to know if anyone knows how good is pinnacle movie box 9 usb for copying vhs to dvd?

i have a pioneer 108 16x duel layer external burner(on one computer) along with a nec 16x double layer combo drive

but i am new to converting vhs to dvd...i can decode and burn dvd's no problem, but how is pinnacle movie box9 with usb for takeing the copyright of off vhs ..thx for any help

bob

Username: Tdoran70

NJ

Post Number: 10
Bob,

From what I understand, you need to get a video stabilizer to put between the VCR and the capture device.

As far as the MovieBox goes, I have the DV version. I have yet to be able to burn a DVD to my liking. The editing features of the Studio 9 software is out of sight. I am just not sure what I am doing wrong.
I have been capturing up to 2 hrs and 10 minutes of televisions at quality rates of 4000 Kbs to 5500 kbs. I then cut out most of the commercials which brings the project time to approximately 95 minutes. I assume that with this length of time, I should be able to put it on a DVD. The program seems to want to put only 87 minutes of video on the DVD. If I adjust the quality to fit to disc it comes out totally pixilated and useless. I am so frustrated right now. I just don't know what I am doing wrong.

If you have any suggestions, please let me know. thanks and good luck!

Tom

Unregistered guest
Hey all. When I capture from VHS to my Moviebox DV, I get alot of glitches; about one every minute or so. If I use my sister's Sony camcorder to do the digital conversion, it is perfect. Whith the same tapes, the Moviebox freaks out at even the slightest dropout or bad edit. I don't think I am going to be able to keep this thing. Anyone else have this problem?

Craig

Mike Ocaso
Unregistered guest
Hey,Bob,Tom and Craig
O.K, to have "Stable VDO", you need uninterupted, crystal clear time coded video, whith no interruptions played back from your VDO deck during capture.If time code not strong enough, or interruptions occurs, you have 2 options; 1-Easy with extra cost:Get a timebase corrector and pass the output of Video deck through Timebase, adjust and Capture. 2-Longer but cheaper: Make a copy of bad video onto an other VDO cassette try copying on a beter video format(Digital8,MiniDV,S-VHS) if possible to keep quality and not lose at lease 10% from VHS to VHS. When done copying original Capture the copied VDO cassette. You could also edit out any verry bad video signals in editting program, for better DVD result. Have Fun!
Mike
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us