DVD Recorder- protection bypass

Andy Golden
Unregistered guest
I have a dvd recorder and can not copy dvd player to dvd recorder. what is the best product out there that will bypass the protection on the dvds? thanks

Unregistered guest
I have a DVD recorder and I can't copy video or DVD with the can't record protection on it. Is where a bypass to take the protection off so I can tape video and dvd the copy right protection on them with my Panasonic DVD Recorder DMR-E55?

Username: Adstark

MPLS, MN

Post Number: 9
Buy the sima ct-2 go dvd it works great haven't had any videos yet that I couldn't copy. it can be purchased at best buy or circuit city for about 130.00 but you can find it for about half that online.

Username: Jared_122

IN U.S.

Post Number: 1
I just bought an emerson dvd recorder, and the sima video duplicator and i was just wondering how i hook them up, to work with my dvd player.

Username: Jaz

USA

Please Help! I'm trying to connect the following and as I am definitely a newbie to this sort of thing, I need step by step instruction on how to make this thing work:

Philips TV - Model 27PT6442
Comcast digital cable box - Model DCT224/RCA audio out, No s-video :-(
Sony VCR - Model SLV-N50
Sony DVD player - Model DVP-S330
Sony DVD recorder - Model RDR-GX300
Facetvideo Clarifer (VHS to DVD, DVD to DVD)

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated!

Matthew Gablanski
Unregistered guest
Just bought new computer with DVD & DVD recorder. It came loaded with Sonic Software. It will not allow me to record DVD to DVD. I want to load Sima ct-2 go. (Will this allow me to record?) Will the software walk me threw or do I need to completly remove the Sonic software before loading Sima.

Please advise. Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 622
DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter, free programs that work better than anything that costs money.

Username: Jaz

USA

Post Number: 2
You know David/Samijubal, I figured out how to hook up the clarifier all by my lonesome and actually got it to work! Also, after reading one of your responses to someone else; I bought an external Sony dvd burner and used DVD Decrypter & DVD Shrink...all I can say is A-W-E-S-O-M-E! Thanks!

Unregistered guest
i am new to this dvd recorder stuff. have a sony gx300. is there something that goes inbetween this and your tv(dvd) player that can by pass copy protection?

Silver Member

Post Number: 723
digital video stabilizer

Anonymous

When using a digital video stabilizer, such as the sima ct-2, does the recorded media also obtain the surround sound material encoded on the disk? I guess that doesn't make sense. What I mean is, are there recorders that record the dts or dolby digital surround sound tracks on the copied dvd so that you get proper surround sound playback?

Silver Member

Post Number: 740
No DTS, the surround tracks will be recorded as long as the recorder supports surround. A stabilizer is connected between the video inputs and outputs, audio isn't copy protected.

Anonymous

Thanks, David. So dual deck recorders, where you can play one dvd and recored the other wouldn't work with a stabilizer, right? I ask because I know someone who told me that he records dvds on a dual machine and I assume he somehow uses a chip or something as a stabalizer as oppossed to a an external one.

Silver Member

Post Number: 744
I don't think there is such a thing as a DVD player/recorder combo. Combos are VHS/DVD recorders. There are duplicators, but they are expensive. To copy DVDs a PC with a burner is the way to go.

Lula
Unregistered guest
I just copied all my old BETA tapes recorded off of TV to a Sony DVD recorder that sits under my TV. I do not yet own a DVD player. After reading other comments on this page, I have a question:

If I buy a DVD player, will I be able to connect the player to the recorder so as to make backup copies of my DVDs with the DVD recorder?

Or, can I make copies only if I purchase a DVD recorder for my computer?

Kraig
Unregistered guest
From reading previous posts it sounds like:
If you have a DVD recorder (Sony, Pioneer etc..) connected to your TV (no PC involved here) and you want to backup copy DVD's which are copy protected all you need to do is buy something like Sima ct-2 go (any similar products?) and connect this up between the TV and DVD recorder and you can probably back up copy many DVD's ???

I just tried finding The Sima ct-2 go online..it refers to itself as a "video enhancer" probably because it can't mention it helps avoid copy protection?? Do I have the right product??

Silver Member

Post Number: 756
Get a burner for the PC. They are far cheaper and will make alot better quality copies.

uncsuperman
Unregistered guest
does anybody know if you can hook up a PC to a TV DVD Recorder??

My laptop has an S-video Output on it, and I thought as long as I bought a DVD recorder with an S-Video input, i'd be able to hook my laptop up and record shows/movies that i've downloaded/copied, in addition to being able to record from TV as well

anyone know the answer?? thanks in advance

uncsuperman
Unregistered guest
does anybody know if you can hook up a PC to a TV DVD Recorder??

My laptop has an S-video Output on it, and I thought as long as I bought a DVD recorder with an S-Video input, i'd be able to hook my laptop up and record shows/movies that i've downloaded/copied, in addition to being able to record from TV as well

anyone know the answer?? thanks in advance

Anonymous

I have a panasonic dvd recorder and i want to make copies of dvd movies from my dvd player.i can not copy dvd player to dvd recorder. what is the best product out there that will bypass the protection on the dvds? thanks

Billy Bob Jo Bob
Unregistered guest
i have a built in dvd r+ burner on my comp and i was looking for a good, free program to bypass the DVD copy protection.

Silver Member

Post Number: 874
DVD Shrink, DVD Decrypter

Anonymous

i have a LG super multe drive GSA-4163B IS THERE A CODE TO TO COPY cds

Anonymous

i have bought a LG dvd burner and player and a cd burner and player but when i try burning dvds there is always a copy protection. Is there a way to bypass the copy protection for free? thanks!

Anonymous

i have bought a LG dvd burner and player and a cd burner and player but when i try burning dvds there is always a copy protection. Is there a way to bypass the copy protection for free? thanks!

Anonymous

Anonymous

I have a 16x Max Variable DVD Rom with software decoding and a Plextor-16x external double layer DVD+RW/CD-RW drive.Can I copy movies using DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter Using this setup.Any info would HELP. THANKS

Username: Lindsey

I bought the sima ct-2 go dvd product and I hate it. Do not waste your cash, it is lame. So, it did allow me to copy, whoowhie, but it did not clarify or fix the color fading or jumping. I have a useless 80.00 piece of crap. I would rather have no copy than waste my dvd-and hard earned graduate student cash. I have checked a manual and still no fix. Maybe, I can use it as a spacer in my junk drawer!

Bronze Member
Username: Tlstrieg

Post Number: 32
Hi Lindsey,

Please see my post in response to your other post on a different thread. Like you, I was not particularly happy with the quality of recording I was getting with my VCR using the Sima CC2. However, I finally diagnosed the problem as being my using a cheap VCR, rather than the CC2. I purchased a good quality VCR with TBC, and now I'm getting perfect recordings.

Peace,

Tom

tony wade
Unregistered guest
need help breaking code for sony dvd which program works

tony wade
Unregistered guest

tony wade
Unregistered guest

Anonymous

Is there any easy way to make dvd copies of copy protected videos on a combined Video/DVD recorder?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1135
Easy, no, combos suck buy seperate.

Anonymous

is there any way?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1136
Use a seperate VCR and a stabilizer.

Anonymous

I would like to now where to get the DVD shrink and DVD decrypter?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1430
http://www.dvdshrink.org/
http://www.free-codecs.com/download/DVD_Decrypter.htm

J-reefer1187
Unregistered guest
I'm going off to college in New York and I wanted to know is there any (free) way of bypassing the copy protection on DVD's. Because I do not want to pay $200 on new DVD's just so I can take them to college.

Anonymous

Ihave a Sonic/record now CD burner that came with set-up!! can this be adapted to record & burn DVD Discs ? I am a few months short of 80yo,and am trying hard to learn about this modern technology & need lots of help!!! Golden Oldie

Gold Member

Post Number: 1666
A CD burner won't do DVDs. You can get a CD/DVD burner for around $40, maybe less if on sale or with rebates.

LindaP
Unregistered guest
I'm thinking about getting a dvd burner so I can convert my old home movie cassettes to dvd. Will that be a problem? Everyone seems to think the combos suck - I do already have an (older) VCR. Should I just get a dvd burner? Is it only copyrighted cassettes that are the problem? Also, I want to burn from my Hi-8 camcorder tapes. I'm considering:

Sony RDR-GX315
JVCDRMV5S
LGXBR446

I'm a novice - any feedback?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us