Connecting a suitable HDTV antenna to projector

Username: Mshidhaye

Post Number: 1
I own a Panasonic projector model : PT-AE700U.
It is truly a great projector. I was wanting to know which HDTV set-to antenna I need to buy in order to receive local, on-the-air HDTV network broadcasts.

This projector has component video and HDMI input.

Thanks in advance.

Still Learning
Unregistered guest
Any UHF antenna from Radio Shack or Walmart....

Post Number: 2
Thanks for the reply.
But how about the connectivity issue ?
The antenna is a coax and my projector needs component,HDMI or S-Video input..
Is there any converter available for this ?

Anonymous

For Over the air hi def signals you will also need a settop hi def box, the AE700U does not have an integrated hi def tuner, nor does any FRONT PROJECTOR for that matter. Boxes used run as low as $150 on EBAY, somewhere up to $300 to $400 new with more hookups etc

Samsung for example makes HI DEF settop boxes, and you can connect the antenna to the settop box, and run cables from the settop box to the PROJECTOR'

However a far better solution exists, particularly if you have Comcast, or perhaps another good cable company offering hi def

For example since you got one of the best projectors ever made, and you are in the United States, you s/b looking at Comcast, DirecTV or Dish or Voom to get optimized hi def pictures

Now if you happen to have Comcast cable you really have it made if you make sure you get 2 tuner Motorola hi def combination hi def tuner/video hard drive recorder unit. IT works great via DVI (tuner) to HDMI(on projector) hookups with the AE700u and can playback in pristine form hi def movies or shows you recorded

Post Number: 3
Thanks for the reply.

I feel a little better now after knowing the possibilities.
We have Charter Cable hare and they do offer HiDef.

I probably can hookup my Projector to the Charter unit...and then, I suppose I do not need to worry about the antenna etc...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us