SNOWY BLEED OVER

Frustrated
Unregistered guest
Just hooked up 42" Plasma ED from Panisonic. Unlike some other complaints about snowy analog, my problem is more localized. Channel 3 is where my snow emanates from, bleeds over Ch5&6. 7 is OK & 2 is not bad.

Comcast Digital Cable provides. Any ideas?

By the way, my other tv's are not experiencing this issue. However, I did have this same problem with the CRT Sony that was hooked in to the same outlet.

Still Learning
Unregistered guest
Well...you ruled out the new plasma tv! Something is generating the interference and something is allowing it in. Is a VCR in line with a channel 3-4 selector switch? Are the connectors crimped correctly and tight outside and at the box? Are they the same coax jumpers that were used on the Sony? Are there line splitters involved? Do you have component cables from the digital receiver to the RGB input to the plasma? Are you using a power strip or line current conditioner? Tried a different outlet yet? Do you have a dimmer switch lighting control on the same circuit? If it's not power related it's cable related. Make Comcast find it and fix it. Don't take no for an answer.

Frustrated
Unregistered guest
Mr. Learning , you gave me a lot of good areas to check out, thanks.

No VCR hooked up. Yes I do have component cables between receiver & tv. Is there something I should be looking at there?

I do have two tuners. I hooked up my os antenna to antenna B last night and I get great reception from it. No Bleedover at all. Would you think that would indicate no problems from the power source?

I tried splitting the cable signal, one direct to TV, one to cable box, same snow emanating from channel 3.

Thanking you again for pointing me to areas to explore.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us