DVd red pro vs burning DVD on computer?

Saruman
Unregistered guest
It seems like the people who have posted on here about DVD red pro just want to sell it. I would love to get some first hand accounts of its working and not working. SOme say that burning is better but if you do that on the computer..my friend told me that you cannot keep some of the commentaries and special features..is this true? I like the DVD recorder because I can tape the commentaries and such. Also...why do some Criterion Collection DVD's have copy protection and some randomly do not? Is there a list which has the ones that are?

Silver Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 585
The PC is the way to go. You can fit whatever you want, sometimes it has to compress is all. If done right the PC will make a far better copy without having to buy a stabilizer. You can always use 2 discs if you don't want to compress or if the compression is too high. Use DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter.

Username: Ilo_recorder

Post Number: 1
I just bought the DVD Red Pro and have not had luck yet. I tried to copy one VHS and at first it worked, but then I got the same copy protection error as I did w/o it. It stopped after only a few minutes. I am trying to work with tech support via e-mail. I got one response back, but that hasn't helped me yet. I have another message into them and hope they can tell me how to fix it. I am also upset that VHS tape is messed up though too. I asked if that was normal and didn't get an answer to that yet. Good luck.

stanjr
Unregistered guest
I just bought the DVD Red PRO and it works great! I haven't had any problems recording DVD to DVD. I would definitly recommend it to anyone.

Anonymous

Stanjr,
What type of units are you transferring from and to? I am having many problems. Most of my VHS tapes still say "copy protected". I've had volume problems, color problems, and one VHS that actually has snow, volume problems for the first few minutes that I tried to transfer. I have a Sylvania DVD/VHS player combo that I am transferring from going to an Ilo DVD Recorder. Thanks for the help!

stanjr
Unregistered guest
I have a Zenith DVC 2200 DVD player...transferring to a Panasonic DMR-E55. I haven't tried transferring VHS tapes with protection, yet. If you continue to have problems you should consider joining netflix, blockbuster, etc. I'm sure they will have any movies you are trying to copy from your VHS tapes.

Anonymous

Thank you for your input. I think I am going to either try just a DVD player or a VHS player and not a combo player with the Ilo recorder. If that doesn't work, then I'll probably try a different recorder. The movies you are transferring, are they newer ones or older ones? Just curious. Just thought that maybe the new videos are more advanced with copy protection than the DVD Red Pro. Thanks for your help.

stanjr
Unregistered guest
I don't nessesarily care for combo units. I'm transferring new releases,older videos,home videos,etc. I haven't had any problems. Again, I would recommend a video club. Hope you can find a solution to your problem. Good luck!

puzzled
Unregistered guest
stanjr, im thinking of buying a DVD pro red, they sound pretty good but I'm just wonderng it the Dvds you copied are protected? Have you tried disconnecting the DVD Red Pro & then recording,
Thanks for any help u can provide. (Ive got a JVC DR-M10)

Silver Member

Post Number: 729
Almost all DVDs are protected. The only ones that aren't are some of the low budget B grade movies.

Anonymous

If It won't copy protected movies why is it needed
and why spend you dollars on it?
Looks to me like it causes many other problems.

Silver Member

Post Number: 762
If you want to do DVDs, get a burner for the PC, they are cheaper, faster and alot better quality.

prbj
Unregistered guest
Can anyone help? I have a lvw 5006 and am trying to use "Red Pro" to transfer VHS (protected) to DVDs. Everything is great, picture, audio, etc. but on play back the movie stops every few seconds and sometimes starts up again on its own and sometimes the "play" button must be pushed. Has anyone had this problem and if so did you find a solution???

Silver Member

Post Number: 770
Sounds like cheap media, try better discs.

prbj
Unregistered guest
You may be right. I get what I paid for. I'll use the same equiptment only with name brand discs and see what happens. Thanks....

jon_irl
Unregistered guest
Has anyone used the Sonel Marco master pro to remove macrovision when copying from dvd to dvd?? is there any picture/sound degradation? Thanks.........

Silver Member

Post Number: 826
If using a standalone there will definitely be picture degradation no matter what you do. A PC is far better and faster. Take that money and buy a burner.

anonymouslalala
Unregistered guest
If i were to burn DVDs from blockbuster rentals, is there any way that they can figure out that i've done that, and like cancel my membership or something?

Username: Dokkenman

Post Number: 1
I have the dvd red pro and the image is fine along with the sound when I record the movies. The problem is when I try to play the copied dvd in another dvd the image freezes for a sec and then keeps going and then it does it again. Is there anyone that can tell me why this is happening ????
Thank you.

Username: Dokkenman

Post Number: 2
What DVD+R or +RW discs brands do you recommend ????

max001
Unregistered guest
I just purchased the latest LG DVD recorder RH7624w with 250 hdd and would like to know if the DVD red or sima ct is going to work best .PLease help
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us