Sony VCR records black and white from DVD

DonIncognito
Unregistered guest
Hi,

I have the strangest problem: My Sony SLV-N750 has suddenly decided to STOP recording in color from my DVD player. It worked fine for about a month, recording in color, but now it only records in black and white. I have several of these Sony VCRs and ALL of them developed this problem around the same time.

Another twist: If I try recording to a different VCR model (a Panasonic or a Samsung, for example) the tape records in full color.

These are personal DVDs, so there is no Macrovision. What in the world is going on?? Please help, I am at my wits end!

Unregistered guest
Hi ... I actually have the same Magnavox TV problem as "franz" I'll just "copy & paste" his request and if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.
(Copied e-mail following):
I have a 1994 model magnavox TV which doesnot turn off pressing its "power" button. We pull the plug to turn the TV off. And when it's on, the screen only have this message :

1. "SMART SOUND/AUTOMATIC VOLUME LEVELE4R...."
2. " HERE'S WHY THIS SHOULD BE BE YOUR NEXT TV
- EASY REMOTE CONTROL "
ET. ETC.
Then, screen display the menu options which moves at random by itsel and finally the screen display "CLOSED CAPTION , ETC. ETC.".
THIS IS REPEATED ON AND ON.

Any opinion is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us