Durabrand tv's

Unregistered guest
I have recently purchased a Durabrand 27" tv at Christmas time. My girl friend and I had been looking at TV's for a month or two, but being as poor as we are, we could never committ to buying one. On the 23rd of Dec., we bought the durabrand. We stood there looking at all the brands..Sony, Phillips, Sanyo, etc...And I have personally had great luck with Sanyo's in the past. So, I was expecting to just go for a new Sanyo. After looking at the tv's for a good half hour to an hour, I had to get the durabrand. The picture was far superior to all the other sets on display. Granted, I have no idea as far as how long it will last etc.. But, even now...the picture still amazes me. For $150...I couldn't expect anything better.The colors are a little bright, and do require a little fine tuning..but with the color and the overall clarity of the picture...I'd say durabrand will become a strong force in the electronics business...and will in turn...force the competition to re-think their strategies and overall product lines. Since purchasing the TV..I have recently bought a durabrand car stereo/cd player for my girlfriend. Her system was shot...and although I've yet to install it...I am confident I will not be disappointed. I know you generally get what you pay for, so for $50...I'm not expecting a lot. But, I encourage buyers, who are on such short budgets as myself, not to be reluctant on purchasing a product from Durabrand. I will most likely buy more of their products in the near future. Thank you for giving the lower middle class or otherwise thrifty spender, an option that will not be a total embarrassment. Keep up the good work. Thank you.

Anonymous

sounds awesome, y tanks a whole lot for your thoughts on this. you've convinced me to buy it...
walmarts awesome rich folks suck.

Unregistered guest
I also have this same television (actually got it a week ago). I know absolutely nothing about televisions. But maybe SOMEONE...ANYONE...can help me out. For some reason Ive hooked up my DVD player and I get sound but no picture. I know how to set up a DVD player or at least before now. lol. But Ive followed the directions correctly I think and tried just about every combination w/ the plugs. Maybe someone could guide me through who has a tv like this one. B/c I tried the dvd on 3 different tvs at home and I had no problem, so its not the DVD player. But this has happened with one of my last tvs I owned, which was super old and I got this new tv b/c I needed something bigger and MAINLY so I could hook up my dvd player. Im a girly girl....ummmm So how do I hook up a dvd player? lol

Thanks

xvxvxvx
Unregistered guest
AshCash,

try buying an inexpensive S-Video cable if you are not using one now. It should cure your problem, if not post back with the brand and model number of your DVD player.

PS: I like girly girls! :-)

xvxvxvx

Ashcash
Unregistered guest
xvxvxvx,

Yea. Thats another thing I bought an S-Video cable and nothing changed. The Dvd player is a Memorex model MVD2037. But Im starting to think that my VCR might have something to do with it. I forgot to mention I have my VCR plugged in. Am I suppose to connect the DVD into the VCR then the VCR to the TV? That could be it....I didnt try that one. Sorry if this cheerleader is annoying everyone....Im sure to most this is really simple, but this has been driving me crazy all week. I dont do much seting up. Cant you tell?

Thanks for TRYING to help, xvxvxvx *wink*!

xvxvxvx
Unregistered guest
Ashcash,

I don't see how you can have your VCR and DVD player hooked up at the same time. As far as i can tell from the specs this unit only has 1 S-Video input. You need to hook your DD player to the S-Video input.

Also your TV is analog not digital so it will not accept a progressive signal, your DVD player is able to output either 480i (interlaced non-progressive) as well as 480p (progressive). You need to be sure it is set to output 480i only. This may require you to hook it up to another Tv in your home that it does work with, go into the internal setup menu and change it's output to 480i.

Let me know but this has to work.

Later girl,

xvxvxvx

Ashcash
Unregistered guest
OMG. XVXVXVX,

I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! On the back of my DVD player is a button that says Progressive scan on/off. I had it on.

And my last television was really old and I switched the progressive scan button and nothing happened. So I figured that wouldnt do anything w/ this one.

Now, do I feel like a dope. You have no idea what a celebration my roommate and I have been having to finally see a picture.

Once again
Thank you

xvxvxvx
Unregistered guest
You are very welcome Ashcash. If I'd only known how to get a cheerleader to love me when I was in college the years might have flown by much faster. :-)

xvxvxvx
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us