Emerson EWR20V4

pooh
Unregistered guest
My Emerson EWR20V4 uses 4X DVD-R. With some brands I get an error - "Disk Error - Playback Feature may not be available on this disk". This happens with all the disks in a pack of disks. Some disks work fine. If disks are specifically 4x they normally work ok. If they are 1x-4x or 1x-8x they don't. Any suggestions?

ton loc
Unregistered guest
did u ever get any help pooh

Unregistered guest
Pooh, I have an Emerson and only 4X works in the machine. I have TDK and Staples generic brand. I had to call when I hooked it up and after installing an 8X Memorex called Cust Support and then they said it only works on 4X. I had some bad discs and I think it's the disc and not the machine that is bad. It is frustrating though when you get the Disc error message.

J. Thorpe
Unregistered guest
I called the Emerson customer support and they also told me that I had to use the 4x and not the 8x. On the R-Ws 2x works ok. However, this week my Walmart stopped carrying the 4x. The new stock is all in 8x. Bummers! I hope they fix the stock problemi½ I sent them a note.

Silver Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 773
4x discs are very close to being a thing of the past, most companies that make decent quality discs stopped making 4x discs a few months ago. If they won't use 8x discs, they are very soon going to be obsolete.

Unregistered guest
Call the 1 800 number to get the upgrade software for the EWR20V4. It will allow you to use 8x DVD-r/rw. Mine works fine now. It took about a week an a half to recieve software. Note.. you have to call the support people before inserting the upgrade disc or you will destroy unit.

Unregistered guest
would anyone happen to have that 800#, I have misplaced or lost entirely my manual, would like to get a replacement, and get this upgrade as well.
thank you

Unregistered guest
1-800-256-2487 tech help for EWR20V4
get download manual www.funai-corp.com
I have upgrade coming in 1 or 2 days, email address I will send you a copy, you'll get it faster....they are on backorder now.

Username: Lbeckham

Rowlett, TX

Post Number: 1
What is the maximum speed for DVD-RW discs after the upgrade? I like to use the DVD-RW discs to record TV programs. I can now use 8X discs from Fry's (GQ brand) or Staples with no problem after installing the upgrade.
Thanks.

Anonymous

The upgrade only boosts the DVD-R's to 8X. The Rw's will still stay at 1x-2x.

Helpful hint: If you want to get the best bang
for the buck go to your local Comp USA. They are
blowing out their brand of DVD-R 1x-4x for $3.98 for 15. I use them and they work great. Also their 1x DVD-R's are dirt cheap as well.

Anonymous

Short and Sweet... I am considering purchasing this combo and have a few novice questions. Do the DVD Recorder and the VCR share the same source inputs and outputs? Does this unit have digital coaxial outputs? I currently have a VCR that runs to a Sima switch. The VCR has two directivo units running directly to the two RCA inputs it has. Thus allowing me to record shows onto VCR from one directivo and watch another. Would this box simply allow me to swap out my VCR and replace it? Everything I am reading indicates as such but I have zero experience with these types of devices. Any assistance would be helpful.

Username: Lbeckham

Rowlett, TX

Post Number: 2
I have the Symphonic VCR/DVD recorder but it is made by the same company as the Emerson (Funai). Both recorders use the same inputs. It has both front and rear inputs. There are also component outputs as well as a coax output. You can see more specifics at www.funai-corp.com.

Walmart seems to be closing out these VCR/DVD recorders (SR90VE). The regular price is around $250 but I've seen them in stores for $150. After installing the firmware upgrade a couple weeks ago I can now record on 8X discs. The DVD recorder records on 10 speeds. I have tried up to 6 hours and the quality isn't too good at that speed. The 4 hour and below speed quality is good though.

Anonymous

i just b0ught the sr90ve,,,,i really don;t know anything about these machines........how do you install an upgrade and where do you get it......thanks for any information ,

Unregistered guest
I have lost my remote. Any idea how to get another one or a suitable replacement?

Unregistered guest
mattmash,
I have a remote that I bought at walmart for around $12 it works fine. It's a philips universal remote, Model: PHDVD5, I think, anyways, It works good and it's a 5 device remote as well, it performs all basic funtions on the emerson dvd recorders for vcr and dvd: pause, rewind, fastward, stop, record, ect.

Anonymous

buy a remote from online retailedr...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us