Need ur suggestion

Unregistered guest
Hello
We r new commer in US, and looking for a HD tv . but we r confussed about HD ready and HD .the salse cleark says no differece ,but I have read thread here.We r in fl. and not much familier about things .Please suggest us which one should we buy. And how to get cable connection.which one is best .

Anonymous

Best strategy for a newcomer to hi def TV is to pick a good budget set that does 90% of the job at 20% of the cost

Best example is the 51 inch Magnavox Widescreen 1080i Hi Def available, integrated stand/wheels all included, at either Circuit City (delivery available) or Walmart (no delivery available) YOU CAN BUY THIS SET FOR LESS THAN 1000 DOLLARS and it comes with a free in-home Magnavox one-year warranty. It produces an excellent hi def picture

Make sure your cable company has hi def available. Comcast for example is among the best. Then you hookup the components cables from the cable box to the HDTV, and you end up with fantastic hi def

For Circuit City this Magnovox is a "loss leader" set intended to draw customers into the store. Most important they will not want to sell you this set W/O THE EXTENDED WARRANTY, however under consumer law in all states they cannot force you to buy the extended warranty.

Once you are identified as a hi def NEWBIE unfortunately you will marked by Circuit City salespeople as a DON'T SELL W/O WARRANTY CUSTOMER, however I have to warn you these "PSP" aka "extended warranties" are total ripoffs, and SHOULD NEVER BE BOUGHT by anyone. DON'T EVER BELIEVE ANY SALESPERSON WHAT THEY THEY ABOUT THESE PSPs as they are BRAINWASHED. Fifty percent of all Circuit City's operating profits derive from these warranties per Business Week article Dec 19th, 2004

Now of course other TV's are available, many kinds a bit more expensive for a TV of that size. However the Maganovox does nearly as good a job with a much smaller price tag

Very important point about HD TV you may not be aware of is the fact is that hi def broadcasts put out huge amounts of information and smaller sets for example below 40 inches have problems conveying that info to the viewer unless they sit 3 or 4 feet from the TV. So wherever you can you want a big set if you can fit it in the room
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us