Which DVD w/ upconversion to go with my Sony KDF-50WE655 ?

Username: Jacklock

Post Number: 1
Hi All,

I just purchased a Sony KDF-50WE655 50" LCD Rear Projection HDTV. Now I'm shopping for a DVD player with upconversion with DVI or HDMI output. I'm considering the Sony DVP-NS975V and the Toshiba SD-5970. Does anyone that has this TV have a good setup? I'd like to go for a DVD player that offers me the best picture on this TV. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Jack

Username: Matman

Post Number: 8
Hi Jack,
I tested a variety of DVD players with that model set, and I can tell you that the Sony DVP-NS975V is the way to go. It transformed the television! Search elsewhere on this site, and you'll find other folks who compared and were won over by the amazing job this player does.
Yours,
Matt

Username: Jacklock

Post Number: 3
Hi Matt,

Thanks for the info. I've heard that the SONY offers a good picture. HOwever, I've also read many complaints about the player. Mostly folks complaining about a tray error. Apparenlty they would be watching a disc. The player would turn off. Then they would be unable to open the tray. I'm not sure if these people were playing DVD-Rs though. How long have you had your Sony DVD player? I'm very tempted to use this model. THanks.

Jack

Anonymous

I have the 975 and when it works its a great picture. I have had two units now with the tray lock up (first within 30 days replaced, second at 50 days being replaced). I'm guessing its a flaw in the new model. But the picture is beautiful (I have the same sony set as you) and the sound is very good when bumped up to the high end setting. Still recommend the DVD.

Username: Hchung43

Post Number: 1
I purchased Sony DVP-NS975V about two weeks ago and now DVD+R disc that I was watching is "locked" in the tray and could not be ejected. I turned off the unit and turned back on, but it still refuse to ejecet.
Could any one help me on resolving this problem?

Howard
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us