Sony KF42WE610 - Big pink spot on screen

Unregistered guest
Hello all,
Your posts have been very discouraging for me. I have a Sony Grand Wega KF42WE610 television and since December of last year I have a large pink spot (diagonal) on the right side of the screen. Numerous calls to Sony have had no impact. We have moved the speakers away, disconnected them, moved the television from the wall (in case fan is heating up, etc. The only thing we have noticed is that when we leave the television on for a while the spot seems to reduce in size but has never gone away. Sony it seems has no other recorded problems, the local dealer does not know what's wrong. I would like to raise a stink with Sony and will send them e-mails as much as I can but I am hoping that someone may have had this issue and resolved it and can help me. What upsets me is that I pay premium for Sony quality and no avail

DooDahMan
Unregistered guest
I have a Philips television that has had the same problem since I bought it 2 years ago. It seems to only occur when there is a large amount of bright, light shade colors (white, bright yellow, light blue..etc) displayed on the screen.

Maybe it's there all the time but I just don't notice it until those moments when the bright colors are visible. Sometimes I think it may be caused perhaps because the right speaker might not be properly shielded causing magnetic interference.

Anonymous

Hi,
The problem may cause by poor electrical connection the between the LCD pannel and source.

I have similar experience with my LCD laptop. the problem occurs only when the unit is power on. Afterwhile, the problem goes away.

Bronze Member
Username: Builder1

Post Number: 14
With all the problems these TVs have had, I would tell them either fix it or give me a new one.

Username: Sunilk

Post Number: 1
Hi!
I just purchased a Sony LCD 50WF655 55 Inch LCD HDTV. I notice when my set is turned off a white stain like patch. It runs vertically in the center of the screen from center to bottom. Is this normal? or is this a burn in area probably from continuous display on the floor? Please help.

Pirate
Unregistered guest
I have the same thing on my Pan 50LC14. Brand new too. I've heard its completely characteristic of the LCD type.

Bronze Member
Username: Pugcharlie

N, E, PA USA

Post Number: 11
"I just purchased a Sony LCD 50WF655 55 Inch LCD HDTV. I notice when my set is turned off a white stain like patch. It runs vertically in the center of the screen from center to bottom. Is this normal? or is this a burn in area probably from continuous display on the floor? Please help."

I am taking delivery of the Sony KDF50WE655 today. What you are referring to as "white patch" is actually a reflection of the anti-glare coating. It is on EVERY Sony LCD RP. I noticed this in the showrooms after reading about it. If you walk past your TV, you will notice that the "white patch" moves. It is NOTHING to worry about. When the TV is on, it disappears except during a transition to another scene. It is not a burn-in but merely the dispersion of light reflecting off the anti- glare surface. Without this anti-glare screen you would be looking at a very reflective screen such as the beautiful Hitachi RPs. But their screen surface is so "glassy" that you see evreything in the room reflected on it. The Sony non-reflective surface is far superior and that whitish vertical area noticeable when the TV is off is a small price to pay for not having to deal with annoying reflections.

Unregistered guest
I ALSO HAVE PINK RUNNING DOWN THE SIDE OF MY TX WHICH IS A SONY 60 GRAND WEGA KF-60XBR800 I HAVE HAD THE UNIT FOR 2 YEARS. WHEN I WENT TO HDTV I REALLY NOTICED THE PROBLE. IT SEEMS WORSE WHEN WATCHING SPORTS THE PINK VERTICAL LINE SEEMS TO GHOST THE IMAGES AS WELL ..IE AN OUTLINE DOWN A PLAYERS LEG OR AROUND A HEAD. CLOSE UPS DONT SEEM AS BAD AS FAR AWAY SHOTS
ANY ADVISE PLEASES ADVISE IMWONDERING IF A BULB NEEDS TO BE REPLACED

Unregistered guest
I ALSO HAVE PINK RUNNING DOWN THE SIDE OF MY TX WHICH IS A SONY 60 GRAND WEGA KF-60XBR800 I HAVE HAD THE UNIT FOR 2 YEARS. WHEN I WENT TO HDTV I REALLY NOTICED THE PROBLE. IT SEEMS WORSE WHEN WATCHING SPORTS THE PINK VERTICAL LINE SEEMS TO GHOST THE IMAGES AS WELL ..IE AN OUTLINE DOWN A PLAYERS LEG OR AROUND A HEAD. CLOSE UPS DONT SEEM AS BAD AS FAR AWAY SHOTS
ANY ADVISE PLEASES ADVISE IMWONDERING IF A BULB NEEDS TO BE REPLACED
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us