VOOM

Username: Wrench

Post Number: 4
Does anyone have any opinions about VOOM...I need to find out if its a piece of crap or worth buying into there service.

largo key
Unregistered guest
I think its future is very poor and wouldn't recommend it!...most are not happy with it..

Bronze Member
Username: Dtvmaster

Usa

Post Number: 47
I have Voom Descramblers ALL In One with Dishnetwork Cardless Units also gets SkY Tv available soccer championship Games all Hd tv movies Ppv etc . email Cabletec123@aol.com for all orders and info

Silver Member
Username: Knee_grow

Detroit

Post Number: 267
Whatever...what a ripp-off You can get 2 recievers for the price that this idiot is charging. Looks like this guy is a scammer, after easy money. Look around people, that's all I got to say, don't get azz raped like this guy wants to do to you...

Username: Rzm

SoCal

Post Number: 3
Got voom last wed....installed in three rooms for a buck. Just got the basic 39.95 deal and have about 30 hd channels including my ota. So far the deal is great, the picture is great, service has been very good, only problem is the motorola stb's are having problems accepting signals for many channels. Phone service had me run through unplugging power and cable, powering up and down. Still missing some channels. A service tech is coming out today to check.

Still like what I have so far and expect them to be able to fix the missing channels.

A friend has had voom for about 6 months. No problems and still loves it.

Silver Member
Username: Tazspin

Post Number: 343
Too bad voom is going to shut down they sold there equipment (sat, ground facillites, etc) to echostar they do say they will continue supporting customers during the transaction but after?

largo key
Unregistered guest
Street Likes DISH/Cablevision Deal

The reaction was positive on Wall Street concerning EchoStar's purchase of satellite assets from Cablevision, which are supporting its struggling VOOM service.

The companies announced the deal late Thursday, in which EchoStar agreed to buy a satellite, ground facilities and take over DBS frequencies at 61.5 degrees, where it also operates a satellite. During Friday's trading, Cablevision finished the day more than 13 percent up at $28.84, and EchoStar was up at $32.54.

Tom Eagan of Oppenheimer and Co. said the extra capacity EchoStar gained in the transaction should help the company transmit more high def, which could become a key differentiator in the battle for subscribers. "We believe the purchase is a positive event as it enables the company to quickly add HDTV local channel capacity, filling in what is a significant gap between DirecTV's and DISH's HDTV," he said.

Eagan also said the sale is a positive for Cablevision "as it ends a costly and ultimately misguided venture into the satellite distribution business, not only saving the company $100 million to $150 million in annual cash flow losses but also saving the company from having to spin out the Rainbow division into a public company whose potential appeared murky."

Craig Moffett of Bernstein Research said the deal is a winner for EchoStar "since it brings a high quality satellite that would have cost $250 million or more to build and launch, and shaves more than two years from EchoStar's time to market for offering HDTV local channels," he said. As for Cablevision, Moffett said the sale "is a welcome signal that Cablevision, its independent directors, and its CEO James Dolan are all appropriately respectful of their fiduciary obligations to Cablevision's public shareholders."

Richard Greenfield of Fulcrum Global Partners said the deal is a plus for Cablevision since it eliminates a $1.5 billion negative value in his firm's valuation and adds $200 million of cash. On Friday, Greenfield raised his target price on Cablevision to $33 from $27.50.

Username: Rzm

SoCal

Post Number: 4
have to see what happens...probably be soaked up in a new company in the 6+ months that it will take them to sort it out......in the meantime, today, I have more HD channels with voom than any other service offers......didn't spend a cent on equipment and the install was a buck.....no worries
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us