Denon1910 vs. SamsungHD941

Bronze Member
Username: Rlschneck

Post Number: 71
what do you guys think?

i'm trying to decide which one to get, and i have to decide by monday. which do you think is better for a 720p television (JVC HD52z575).

opinions, pros, cons... please!

thank you,
ryan

TotalExpert
Unregistered guest
I don't own either of these models, nor do I know anything about them.

So I decided to flip a coin, and the Denon won!!!

Hope that helps!!!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 79
That's pretty freakin hilarious... You saw my lonely, unanswered post and decided to reply with an honest, no BS answer... I like it.

If anyone out there actually cares:

I decided to go with the Denon 1910. It's slightly cheaper, I don't need HDMI (DVI will do), and Denon has a good reputation for great audio decoding and solid video from there DVD players.

Thanks, TotalExpert, for making me laugh.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 80
Does anyone out there own a Denon 1910 and know if there is either an internal ("soft") setting to output through the DVI or a "hard" switch for outputting through DVI on the back somewhere? Or is there no setting and you just plug 'n' play?

THANKS!

Unregistered guest
Once you plug in the DVI you will be required to select the output resolution via a DVI button on the front panel. You can select 480/720/1080. I personally could not see the difference between all the resolutions and neither could a member with a Denon 2910. I also found the contrast to be much better with the "black levels" set to "off" when hooked up to my Mitsubishi WD -62725. You can download a copy of the owners manual at Denon's website.

Damiel
Unregistered guest
Hi,

I just got a Denon 1910 and I got a DVI cable to connect it to my DVI-I input on my LC-32G4U Sharp Aquos. Unfortunately, no signal seems to be passing through the cable.

You can take a look at more details here:

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/121519.html

Any help you can give me with your Denon 1910 experience and connecting to DVI-I would be appreciated.

Thanks,

D.

Unregistered guest
On the DVD player, make sure you set the resolution with the DVI button on the front panel because the selections actually are, "no DVI/480/720/1080." Next, read through your TV manual very carefully and look for how to conect with the DVI input. On my Mitsubishi, I had to set the input to "monlink." As for the types of DVI conectors, check out the following site for a very informative article on the types of DVI conectors:

http://www.datapro.net/techinfo/dvi_info.html
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us