Problem with audio on DVD player-any ideas?

Dave Hansen
Unregistered guest
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have a very perplexing problem with a Philips DVD Player/Receiver (DVD/CD/AM/FM) I received a few months ago. The audio works fine on all CD's and some DVD's but many of the DVD's I play the sound only works during the preview and then during the movie the only sound is for explosions but not the actual dialogue. I've checked my settings for each DVD and for the actual receiver and they are correct and changing them did nothing. I've also made sure that everything is hooked up correctly. I'm very puzzled since this only happens some of the time and I've tried every variation I can think of to correct the problem. Occassionally I will have a DVD that lets you change the settings from dolby to surround and if I do that (Change it to suround) then the sound works for the movie but very few give these audios options. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

DongVN
Unregistered guest
Did you use an original DVD or a copied one? Copied DVD may lose audio signal from time to time. Try using an original DVD and then set your player audio to multichannel output or stereo with no DVD/CD in the player.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us