Indoor Antennas and Sony Grand Wega LCD

Unregistered guest
I bought an indoor antenna (w/amp) to try to get some of the HD channels not available via my cable co. Sony Grand Wega LCD rear projection manual says DO NOT use an indoor antenna.

Any idea why? Will this really hurt the TV?

Kishore
Unregistered guest
I have a KDF55XS955, I have used indoor antenna to get Digital Channels (HD when Broadcasted). Let me know which page in the manual it is mentioned not to use indoor antenna.

Unregistered guest
I have the KDF50WE655 and it says on page 33 (cable and antenna setup) "Do not use an indoor antenna, which is especially susceptible to radio noise.

Anonymous

bottom line it should not hurt the TV, so it s/b worded "outside antennas are preferable to indoor antennas wherever possible due to radio noise"

Note sometimes people have indoor antennas 20 feet from the TV with a coax run, e.g near a window (inside a room) with a clean shot toward an antenna farm - and that w/b more like an outdoor antenna than an indoor antenna anyways

moz9
Unregistered guest
Ok. Well my TV is very close to a window and the antenna sits on the floor next to the TV, running in through coax. Is this bad?

Pops Molton
Unregistered guest
You could even put your antenna on top of the tv if it is close to a window. Since yours is amplified, it will overcome radio noise with no problem. To check the signal to noise ratio on your we655, go into the application menu and select diagnostics. On a digital signal, it will give the antenna strength to help position the antenna and also the SNR. Some signals actually get worse if there is too much amplification, so adjust your gain control accordingly.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us