When will Samsung HLP4674W be available in Sears, BB and CC??

Username: Peadegm

Post Number: 1
Waiting to buy one from one of those places and they are still selling the 4663.

Thanks

Klaus
Unregistered guest
Gabe:
Don't hold your breath! The 74 series is the Tantus model, similar to Sony's XBR line. They are generally only sold through some of the higher end retailers. Check out Tweeter, Cambridge soundworks, etc. Most of the big box stores only sell the 63 and 85 series. You didn't say your area, but I'm in FL and got mine at Sound advice which is a Tweeter affiliate.

Post Number: 2
Klaus,
I don't have any high end stores here. Where's a good place on the net to buy it with a warrenty?
Do you have the 4674? Have you had any problems? I have read about the 3 lights of death and whinning sound with the 4663 but haven't heard anything wrong with 74 yet. I like it because of the black on the bottom instead of the silver.

Thanks Klaus!

Klaus
Unregistered guest
Gabe:I have had the 4674 since 2 weeks before Thanksgiving and no problems yet. I did have a cable box which was responsible for horrible regular TV channels. Go to tweeter.com. They are the online version of the store where I got mine. Their extended warranty is less expensive than Circuitcities as well. I would definitely plan on the extended warranty as a good insurance policy.

Anonymous

Check out pricescan.com or bizrate.com they will give you a number of vendors you can order from over the internet. I to recommend the extended warranty. I just ordered my 5674 hope Klaus is right about no problems. Question for Klaus. Have you had any audio sinc problems?

Klaus
Unregistered guest
Gabe:
If you go to the Samsungusa.com website and follow links to the DLP tvs there is a link to online retailers for most of the series.

Anonymous: I had audi sync issues with my original STB (Pace) but now with the Scientific Atlanta DVR my analog channels are good and minimal if any lag. Analog channels are the worst since there is more processing to upconvert.

Anonymous

Klaus does your 4674 have any color wheel noise. I see a lot of complaints about this on this board.

Klaus
Unregistered guest
4674 so far has no issue with color wheel or fan noise, no lights of doom, and after 1 month plus I almost never see rainbows. PQ is excellent. I do have the "smudges" that go away after about 45 minutes of viewing or after rubbing gently with clean paper towel. There is a samsung bulletin on this and after a while I will get it done. Waiting to see if there are other more vexing issues to combine into one service call. The smudges are trivial so far. See this link http://erms.samsungusa.com/customer/sea/jsp/faqs/faqs_view.jsp?PG_ID=3&AT_ID=171 46&PROD_SUB_ID=41&PROD_ID=153

Post Number: 3
Anyone Know??

Klaus
Unregistered guest
Gabe:
Use this link: http://www.pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php/masterid=4941739

The stores are rated by users.

JJW
Unregistered guest
I heard that the HL-P4674W is being redesigned to include a cable card? Should I purchase the current 4674 or wait? Is there a major difference in performance with a card or is the cable box ok?

FYI
Unregistered guest
Stay far away from the CableCard!
This is a technology that cable companies were not ready for. If they get it to work, it locks up or some channels disappear. Mitsu is sweating firmware upgrades and glitches galore. This was a bad idea. Cable is a bad idea. Sat is the best way to feed an HD.

Go for the 4674. You will like it! Pay only half the price of what the new xHD3's will be, if they even come out this year.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us