Speech Delay

nbjohndeere
Unregistered guest
I have Direct TV with local channel HD included. I have a problem mostly with ESPN-HD and ABC-HD with speech delay on taped prime-time programs ("Tilt" last night and "Lost" 2 weeks in a row). Does anyone experience this problem and what have they done to correct it?

Klaus
Unregistered guest
NB: how are you taping the show? VCR, DVD recorder Hard drive type recorder?. If you are downconverting from HD to SD when recording, then upconverting when watching the tape there may be considerable lag since the audio is not being processed and the video is. It is possible that the video lag is present on the tape and then made worse when played back.

Bronze Member
Username: Captaintrocar

Ulster Park , New York USA

Post Number: 25
This issue has been driving me crazy since DirecTV provided the channels. I have tried everything, rest, Res changes, and even spoke with reps from both DirecTV and Samsung. Samsung Technical rep informed me that DirecTV knows it is a DirecTV issue and that they (DirecTV) are working on a resolution. I plan on calling them continuously until then.

I really hope it is not the Samsung 360, since I only purchased it Nov 04. Since it is basically the only model CC & BB sell in my area (NY) there will probably be a lot of upset people if it turns out to be the unit.

Has anyone heard form users of Hughes, RCA, etc. with the sync problem?

nbjohndeere
Unregistered guest
Thanks for the insight Harry. Do you know if cable has this problem or is it just Direct TV? Direct TV is the worst company I have ever dealt with but they have me by the balls (contract & the NFL Ticket). I'm almost ready to bite the bullet and just go cable and continue to pay Direct.

Bronze Member
Username: Captaintrocar

Ulster Park , New York USA

Post Number: 26
My father-in-law has cable HD and it is without problems on these channels, therefore I believe it is either DirecTV or Samsung 360. Howver, I must add that I notice a better picture from Satellite than with cable on the channels that do work.

I personally would not move to cable. I did however recive an anser from DirecTV. This is an excerpt of a 3 paragraph rhetorical answer: "Though our engineers have very high standards, I'm sure you understand that our success as a business depends in part on carrying a wide selection of programming. Therefore, due to limitations in satellite space capacity we must balance our desire to provide outstanding signal quality with the demand for a wide selection of channels. We are proud of the job we do at delivering both"
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us