Please help with a magnavox tv/vcr problem

Username: Fat_tony

Post Number: 1
Hi, I have a 1994 Magnavox tv/vcr. The tv only works for vcr. When no tape is in the vcr, the tv shuts off in 10 seconds everytime.
Don't have it's original remote and Charter cable universal remote won't program.
Thank you.

Anonymous

Hi. I have a Magnavox TV. However I do not have its original remote. And a Universal Remote wont program. When the power went off one day the TV will not obey to the buttons on the physical TV anymore, and all that the TV does is go through an advertisement to sell it (which it was probably programed to do when for sale in the store when it was bought) Somebody help me so I can watch my TV again! HOw do I get this TV to go to regular channels?

Bronze Member
Username: Dmwiley

Post Number: 25
Strongly suggest that both of you contact Magnavox technical assistance directly.

Unregistered guest
HI i have a old Magnavox Tv its a 1990 something im not really sure what year but the model number is RX4030 WG01 and the serial number is 68485836, the problem is, i plug it in and when i hit the power button on the tv (i dont have the remote) it makes that "bing" noise tv's make when they turn on but the screen is blank and 2 seconds later it shuts itself off again and it keeps on doing that everytime i turn it on, it doesnt have a sleep timer and the fuses are ok but i dont know whats wrong with it please reply ASAP thanks. Ps.i already tried magnavox.com they dont have any info on it anymore, and i found the serial and model numbers on the inside of the back of the TV on a gummed label

Unregistered guest
HI i have a old Magnavox Tv its a 1990 something im not really sure what year but the model number is RX4030 WG01 and the serial number is 68485836, the problem is, i plug it in and when i hit the power button on the tv (i dont have the remote) it makes that "bing" noise tv's make when they turn on but the screen is blank and 2 seconds later it shuts itself off again and it keeps on doing that everytime i turn it on, it doesnt have a sleep timer and the fuses are ok but i dont know whats wrong with it please reply ASAP thanks. Ps.i already tried magnavox.com they dont have any info on it anymore, and i found the serial and model numbers on the inside of the back of the TV on a gummed label

Anonymous

power transformer problem IF fixable would cost 200 to 400 dollars. Its not worth fixing

a brand new MAGANOVOX 51 HDTV widescreen with full FREE one year in-home manuf warr at Circuit City with stand/wheels and haul-away of your old junker (for a small charge) - is routinely on sale all the time for less than 1000 dollars, so long as you don't buy that idiotic PSP extended warranty - which they hard sell

SORRY your set is scrap
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us