Is there such thing as a dvd recorder / vcr combo unit?

Foggy
Unregistered guest
Haven't seen one, but I've heard talk they exist - any help appreciated -

Silver Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 561
Yes, but combos are inferior machines, better to buy seperate.

Foggy
Unregistered guest
Thanks for the tip, David!

Username: Mclubq

Post Number: 2
Yes if you dont want bells and whistles then try the bush machine from Argos.

Anonymous

An article in Business week Dec 6 2004 describes three Panasonic DMR-E75V, Lite-on LVW-5005 and the best Toshiba D-VR3. Theyuse a hard disk to record and you can dub to a VCR or DVD and do some simultaneously.

Bronze Member
Username: Rd11

Post Number: 17
To expand on the initial question... Is there a DVD recorder/VCR combo unit that is multi-system that can record and transfer in PAL or NTSC systems? I also need the ieee-94 dv input.

theone01
Unregistered guest
Look no futher, the LG RC-6821W just what you looking for.

http://www.lgelectronics.co.nz/DVD/RC6821W.html

Username: Susiemelindy

Post Number: 1
I have a sanyo DRW 1000. It's a combo, and does recording to dvd from vhs and vice versa. But of course, not dvd to dvd, or vhs to vhs.
The one thing wrong with these combo units, is one recorder will go out and the other still works. This happened to mine, and since I had bought it at Wal-mart, I went ahead with the warranty they have on their products, that if an item doesn't work in 90 days, you can return it. I did, but got the same brand again because I like it. But now they have phased these out, and have an RCA combo recorder, but it's a DVD+R. These came out later and you'd have to find out if they would play on ur dvd player once you would make them.
Also, what does one use as a decoder for this, since it is a combo unit?
And, what other system would someone recommend, that would be two separate units, in order to play on one and do recording on the other? Friends want me to transfer their movies and are getting rid of their VHS tapes, but some of their movies won't tape because of the copy protection. Is there something a person could use on a combo, or would itjust be for a double unit? Thanks in advance. Susan

Post Number: 2
What separate machines would you recommend, instead of the dvd/vcr combo? Susan

Post Number: 3
Look no futher, the LG RC-6821W just what you looking for.

http://www.lgelectronics.co.nz/DVD/RC6821W.html
This one is supposed to tape from video in the PAL version? I read about it and it never said this. Do you know for a fact? Susan

Username: Harri1963

Irvingtion, New Jersey United States

I wonder if someone can help me. I recently purchased an Emerson DVD/VCR combo and everytime I try to record from the television I just get a blue screen. Do I have the right connections? If possible could someone help me and tell me what I connected incorrectly?

Thank you Harri1963
kharris@myron.com

Unregistered guest
what is the best type of blank discs to use with LGRC6821W ? Recording movies from Video to DVD. DVD-R DVD+R DVD-RW or DVD+RW
thanks
Marg

Silver Member

Post Number: 652
Taiyo Yuden DVD-Rs are generally considered the best discs. Best Buy has the Fuji TY discs for $20 per 50 discs once a month or so. Look for spindles that say made in Japan, not Taiwan. Fuji DVD-RW are good discs too.

Anonymous

In response to susiemelindy rainwater
--

To get around the copyright protection on VHS...

Do you have a miniDV Camcorder? If so, you can record you VHS movies onto it, then record from your miniDV onto your DVD recorder.

--------------------

Posted on Tuesday, February 15, 2005 - 11:12 am:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have a sanyo DRW 1000. It's a combo, and does recording to dvd from vhs and vice versa. But of course, not dvd to dvd, or vhs to vhs.
The one thing wrong with these combo units, is one recorder will go out and the other still works. This happened to mine, and since I had bought it at Wal-mart, I went ahead with the warranty they have on their products, that if an item doesn't work in 90 days, you can return it. I did, but got the same brand again because I like it. But now they have phased these out, and have an RCA combo recorder, but it's a DVD+R. These came out later and you'd have to find out if they would play on ur dvd player once you would make them.
Also, what does one use as a decoder for this, since it is a combo unit?
And, what other system would someone recommend, that would be two separate units, in order to play on one and do recording on the other? Friends want me to transfer their movies and are getting rid of their VHS tapes, but some of their movies won't tape because of the copy protection. Is there something a person could use on a combo, or would itjust be for a double unit? Thanks in advance. Susan

Anonymous

Did anyone answer Kevin Harris? I have the same problem.

Silver Member

Post Number: 750
Can't be answered without knowing what is connected and how it's connected. That's why it went unanswered.

Unregistered guest
What is the best DVD/VCR Recorder that will record in any format on the market??

Silver Member

Post Number: 763
There are no combos that will record all formats as far as I know. Combos are cheap junk, buy seperate.

Unregistered guest
I want to play dvd movies and record them on vhs tapes.Is there a way to do this and get by the copy guard?

Username: Liftoff12

I have been recording my VCR tapes to DVD-R disks on a "Sony DVD Recorder RDR-rx500."

However, the recorded disks only play on the Sony and not on other DVD players I have tried. It's like the other DVD players can't read the disks.

Does anyone know why this would be? Thanks.

fx
Unregistered guest
Have you "finalized" the DVD-r's before attempting to play them on other players? If not that is the problem.

xvxvxvx

Jinshan
Unregistered guest
I have a DVD/VCR combo unit connected to a TV + to a stereo system for the audio. I wish to add a DVD recorder to the mix - can anyone tell me how to add it in without causing a problem with what I have? Do I just add it into the loop? Do I just have to tune the new component machine in? Thanks a million. JB
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us