HDMI DVD players out there?

Username: Psyber_assassin

Post Number: 1
Well I just picked up a sony kv-30hs420 which is a 30 inch widescreen HDTV monitor with an HDMI interface and a onkyo 5.1 sorround system and I am looking for a good DVD player using HDMI. The HD tuner cablevision is giving me doesn't have HDMI and my main priority is the quality on DVDs since I don't watch much TV anyway. Being I only have two component inputs on my TV I want to use one for the HDTV and one for my xbox leaving me the HDMI open for the DVD player so I don't have to switch around plugs when playing from different sources. I was looking at the thoshiba SD-5970 and I see it is getting less than stellar reviews so I am wondering what other options are out there? Most people complain about the remote but honestly I hardly care about the remote since the only thing I ever use remotes for are the volume and channels anyway except for the few times I pause a movie. I pretty much never watch burned DVDs either. So with that taken into account what do you guys recommend?

Username: Canj

Post Number: 3
I had the Toshiba, and it had problems. I replaced it with the Panasonic S97S, and it is a superb player in every way. I strongly recommend it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us