Toshiba VCR/DVD hook up to Pro Scan 32"

Username: Bussey

Murray, KY USA

Post Number: 1
I just replaced a PS VCR with a Toshiba combo unit but when I go to the "guide" set up and identify the make of the combo unit none of the four tests wll change the VCR from Ch 2 to 9. The same thing is true with the 11 generic tests. Any suggestions?

Unregistered guest
I have a VCR/DVD comb. that I have lost the
instructions on how to operate it. Is it possible
to get a copy, some where??

Silver Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 843
You don't even say the manufacterer, hard to answer a question like that. If it's a name brand you can usually download it from the manufacters websight, if it's a cheap off brand it will be harder to find.

Unregistered guest
I have an old vcr called a ProScan that has commercial SKIP (it puts a tone on and completely skips all commercials) I have been looking for a combo vcr/dvd and they all seem to have progressive scan (it advances only 30 seconds and you have to keep doing it) Are there any brands of combo's that have the actual commercial SKIP? My old proscan is wearing out. Thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 904
What you are looking for is called commercial advance, not commercial skip. I think they quit making VCRs with it awhile back, about the time of the Replay lawsuit over skipping commercials. I'm not sure no one makes them, but I haven't seen one in awhile.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us